I made my own cat tree!

Thank you so much for sharing your plans! This was my first project so I had to invest in tools, but I was looking for a good excuse to buy tools anyway. At first, I had a difficult time with this project because I wanted precision. I studied your photo and general directions for quite some time, because perfection was my goal. However, after a while, I got tired of being frustrated, and just put it together. It was fun! It isn't perfect - it's lopsided and leans a bit - but it's sturdy and my cats love it!

I don't think I'm going to add the second platform at the top, although I still have enough materials to do so. My cats seem to enjoy hanging off of the edges, so I didn't include the short walls on the platforms. I'll be adding toys next!

How much did it cost you?

Making Your Own Cat Tree, Photo of a homemade cat tree.
Making Your Own Cat Tree
Pets CatsMay 18, 2010
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
Making a Christmas Tree Topper
A cat door installed in an old door.
Teaching a Cat to Use a Cat Door
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree