Ideas For Wedding Appetizer Menu

I need some ideas and appetizer recipes for a wedding reception that won't break the bank, but will make daughter happy. Any ideas?

By oregon mom from Prineville, OR

Don't forget a meat tray of summer sausage, etc ;-) Assorted crackers, bruschetta, hummus on pita bread triangles or bagel crisps and:

_________________________________________________

Mediterranean Cucumber Appetizer

1 cucumber, sliced 1/4 inch thick

2 Tbsp Red bell pepper, chopped

1/3 to 1/2 cup hummus, flavor of your choice

3 Tbsp Feta cheese, crumbled

Arrange cucumber slices on serving plate/tray. Top each cucumber slice with a dollop of hummus. Sprinkle each cucumber with Feta and finish by topping with red bell pepper.

________________________________________________

Or might try my recent creation that can be made in large batches ahead and can even be frozen then thawed the day before and still taste great heated or room temp ;-)

Buffalo Chicken Meatballs ala Deeli

1 lb ground chicken (light, dark or combination)

2 tbls onions, finely diced

12 saltine crackers, crushed

2 tbls olive oil

1/2 cup Durkee or Frank's Red Hot Sauce

1/2 cup butter

Celery sticks

Blue Cheese Dressing - I recommend Marie's Chunk Blue Cheese, yum ;-)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Heat the hot sauce and butter in a small saucepan over low heat stirring occasionally.

Combine chicken, onions and crackers and then round into dollar size balls. Brown the meatballs in a large skillet with the olive oil on medium heat. Transfer the meatballs into a baking dish.

Smother the meatballs with the hot sauce and butter sauce, cover baking dish and bake for 45 minutes.

Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing on the side.

I've done a few weddings myself for my neices and nephews. You can make a cheese ball with cream cheese, Worcestershire, green onions and ham. Everyone loves and it isn't that expensive. Or you can put the mix of cream cheese, Worcestershire and onions together spread on ham, roll them up and cut them into 1/2 inch slices. These are a big hit, I am always asked to make this.

I also did a pickle tray of just a few things like dills, sweets, okra and olives. We do finger sandwiches and chips also. One of my nieces was asked if her wedding was professionally catered. I was also at a wedding recently where they had this cream cheese with cocktail sauce and tiny shrimp on it. The recipe is on the frozen pack of shrimp from the store. Little smokies are also good cooked in a crock pot with bbq sauce. Pigs in a blanket is a good idea also. There are also these little pizza things, go to the deli and get some bread to slice, put spaghetti sauce on it, with pepperoni and cheese and put in the oven as soon as cheese is melted they are ready to go. Hope these help.

You can put cream cheese on ham an roll it up on a dill pickle and then slice it, or cream cheese, little green onions and ham rolls, or open face tomato sandwich take a cup of mayo and a cup of fried bacon chopped up mix together over night in ice box. Then put on french bread slices with a tomato on top just before serving.

My daughter married in February, and I did the catering for 150 people on my own by starting in the October before and freezing stuff as I went along. I made tiny chicken turnovers, Italian rice balls, both freezable recipes from allrecipes.com., plus hummus, blue cheese dip (with yogurt instead of mayo), which I also froze with no problems at all. Sandwiches (made at the last minute), apple sheet cake, bake well tart (which both froze and thawed beautifully). Plus nibbles like chips, peanuts and some ready made frozen vegetable samosas and spring rolls. I also made pizza which I froze as well. Everybody was so impressed, and I made plenty! Long as you have LOTS of food and a reasonable variety, you can't really go wrong.

Wedding Appetizers
Wedding Appetizer Recipes
Weddings FoodAugust 21, 2009
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Two tiered wedding cake with flowers on top.
Saving Money on a Wedding Cake
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
🎄