Reconstituting Powdered Milk

I have a container of skim milk powder, but no instructions of how to reconstitute it. Can anyone give me a rule of thumb?
Cheers.

By Chantal from Queensland, Australia

To make 1 cup of liquid milk out of powdered milk, mix together 1/3 cup of the powdered milk with one cup of water, and shake really good until all the powder is dissolved. If you are going to drink it or use it on cereal it is best to mix it up the night before and let it set overnight in the refrigerator so that is nice and cold.

I only use it for cooking unless we run out of regular milk and won't be going to the store right away. On the box that I have it also says that you can stir some into coffee as a nonfat creamer, use in soups and casseroles, improve moistness and texture in meatloaf and meatballs, and add texture to bread machine recipes.

Redhatterb is correct.

But when i make mine, I add more milk because the milk becomes thicker, almost like whole milk.

I always make it this way when I cook with it and my husband does the same for eating cereal. It has more body and flavor I think. I always have some in the house, though. Especially for hurricane season.

Powdered Milk
Using Powdered Milk
Food and Recipes Food Tips DairyJune 2, 2010
Powdered Milk
Powdered Milk Ice Cream Recipes
Collection of dried and canned foods including box of powdered milk.
Making Powdered Milk Taste Better
Freezing Milk
Freezing Milk
🎉
🎄