Melted Crayon on Leather Seat

I have leather seats in my new car. I also have a 3 year old!
A red crayon was left on the back seat and melted all over the leather seat (I live in Florida).

How do I get it off safely? Thanks!

This will be easy since leather has a smoother surface than fabric.

First, use a butter knife to scrape off as much wax as you can.

Now get a paper towel and turn on an iron to low. Fold the towel twice so it has 4 layers. Place the paper towel over the crayon and iron until the wax melts. If wax is not melting, turn up the iron one notch. Do not turn it on high, it might scorch your leather.

Continue to use a new section of paper towel each time you iron the spot. Iron with paper towel until crayon is gone. When all wax is removed, the crayon may leave a dark mark on the leather. It is not possible to get this dark mark off, you must buy new seats. Consider using seat covers next time.

This method works with wax on most any surface including carpet.

The dark spot left on the seat after you remove the wax is the grease from the crayon. I have removed grease spots from my leather couches with baking soda. Apply liberally and rub into the spot, you may need to repeat several times.

Did it work? my brand new car...two months old has black leather with orange melted crayon. I'm scared to try anything. Teresa I live in Florida too...did it work?

Check out crayolas website they have suggestions that involve wd-40. Also check out Amodex it's supposed to remove just about anything including ink

I haven't tried it yet but I am thinking of putting ice (covered in a plastic bag) over the melted crayon and seeing if when it gets cold I can scrape as much as possible off. I'll let you know if it works.

I had a crayon stain on my leather seats rubbed in by a car seat. The iron trick didn't work for me, however I had some Armorall Leather Wipes and in two minutes it was gone!

my 2 yr old colored my beige sofa with crayons.

how to get off?

please respond to tupperware AT

Leather Car Seats
Cleaning Leather Car Seats
Home and Garden Cleaning LeatherSeptember 2, 2005
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
An ink pen in a blue leather purse.
Removing Ink from Leather
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat