Ask Friends for What You Need

Not long ago, we were invited to a cookout amongst friends. During the party, one couple announced their oldest son was going to be moving out and sharing an apartment with some friends. They asked if anyone had any furnishings they no longer wanted. They'd be glad to come get them for the boys. A few weeks later, we learned the boys got several pieces of furniture, as well as some appliances and knick-knacks as a result of this request. It saved the young men a tremendous amount of time of not having to search the classifieds or going all over searching for these items, not to mention the money they all saved!

By Terri from NV

I'm a grandmother and fortunately I live in a place that has a large garage so I can store things - I hardly ever get rid of anything nowadays - I save it for my grandchiuldren as they are growing up = I have two washing machines, a twin lounge, wardrobes and other items just waiting to be used when they move out of their home - it's a shame we are in a throwaway world as these items will come in handy for cash strapped young ones when they set up hom,e for themselves

thats why i love freecycle so much. I have gotten so much for free and shared so much with others. its great idea to give what you no longer need.

Great idea. And I found my 'need' close to home! My vacuum cleaner had given up the ghost. Being a lone Senior on a low income, I was trying to work out how I could afford even a second hand one to replace the 'dead' one. I mentioned it to my daughter and she told me they had 2 working vacs, and didn't need both, so she gave me one. Terrific!

When you don't have friends that are asking I suggest www.freecycle.org.

"Welcome! The Freecycle Network is made up of 4,486 groups with 5,217,000 members across the globe. It's a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It's all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer (them's good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on Browse Groups above the search box. Have fun!"

You can also try Craig's List, there is a 'free' section and I have received many nice things from there. There is also a section for garage & yard sales...a great place to get inexpensive items!

Cool friends you have there-try to reciprocate when you can.

Better Living Frugal Living AdviceMay 30, 2008
A tired dog sleeping.
Does My Dog Sleep Too Much?
common or stinging nettle
What is This Weed?
A bride and bridesmaids.
Saving Money on Bridesmaid Dresses
Man Pressure washing his Wood Deck
Cleaning a Wood Deck
🎉
🎄