Homemade Kitten Formula

Here is a kitten formula that is better than any you can buy!

I found a new recipe for kitten formula for newborn and very young kittens that don't have a mother. It is from Best Friends magazine the May/June 2009 edition. It is about the Best Friends Sanctuary and it is a great formula for kittens:

• 3 egg yolks (no whites)
  • 3 oz. water
  • 3 ounces goat milk from store
  • 4 oz. plain full fat yogurt

Mix well and refrigerate until ready to use. A kitten should eat 7 -15 CC's per feeding.

Warm by placing a bottle of the mixture in a bowl of hot water.

Source: Best Friends Magazine

By Robyn Fed from Hampton, TN

Putting this in my bookmarks. I am always taking in strays. Never know when this could come in handy. Thank you! Thumbs up!

I have another recipe I have used that worked even better and I read this was superior to the one listed above.

In a mixing bowl, mix:

one half cup of evaporated milk,

1 teaspoons of mayonnaise, or an egg yolk,

a drop or two of infant vitamins,

a little squirt of Karo syrup the white kind

If they are dehydrated, I will use homemade pedialyte, which is easily found on the net, and mix it in with this, just a little bit or offer in in a small bowl while they are eating. This really seems to help them grow, I had to hand bottle feed seven of them last month and they really enjoyed this so much. I would put them all in the bathtub on a towel for meals and it was so cute. They just loved lapping it up from the saucers and I would tell the parents who adopted them to supplement their meals with meat baby food and this from time to time. robyn

I have had better luck with the last formula involving mayo and infant vitamins and evaporated milk....they seem to love it and those ingredients are always around!

I am concerned about the use of raw egg yolks in either of these recipes. There is always the risk of salmonella. That would kill the kittens rather than help them thrive.

Making Homemade Kitten Formula
Making Homemade Kitten Formula
Pets Cats Cat Food RecipesAugust 19, 2009
Baby Formula Scoop
Craft Ideas Using Baby Formula Scoops
One Month Old Kittens
Feeding a One Month Old Kitten
Saving Money on Baby Formula, Baby bottle laying on its side with formula in it.
Saving Money on Baby Formula
Baby being fed with formula.
Removing Baby Formula Stains from Clothing