Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

I'm trying to locate/buy a 5 foot sleeping sofa (queen size) rod. It is placed under the bed carriage to support it when a person sits down.

By Jose from VA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance
Answer

I have a queen size sofa bed. One of the rods broke and it sags in the middle. Where can I get a new one?

By Donald from North Hollywood, CA

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I am looking for 6 missing springs not a "s" shape, but regular. However, one end of the hook is wider to hook to the metal frame of the sofa bed. Does anyone have an suggestion? I looked at Lowe's and Home Depot, but the spring ends are the same and not a wide "c" shape end.

By Steve from Dallas, TX

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I have an older sofa bed. It just needs a little TLC. Where can I get some replacement springs for it? I need: 12 - 3/4 inch x 2 1/2inch, the metal thickness is 1/8 inch. 13 - 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches, the metal thickness is 1/16 inch.

I hope you can be of some assistance. Thanks.

By Rick from Long Beach, CA

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

My dad had the same problem with an ancient fold out bed.
We went to Home Depot or Lowe's, I forget, it was a few years ago and he lived in Florida and I don't live there. They had springs for the replacements we needed too. Our springs had stretched!

Good luck! (07/22/2010)

By metroplex

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

If you cannot locate your needs in a hardware store, have you thought of contacting an upholstery business? They may have them available or direct you to where you can buy from. (07/22/2010)

By Lorelei

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Where does one find replacement parts for a sofa bed?

By Gim from Twin Cities, MN

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Look up the manufacturer on the web and contact them. Usually you can purchase the parts from them; or contact the store that sold it to you, they can usually order the part. Good luck. (06/16/2010)

By yoder178

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Also from MN, do you mean divan, Murphy, Hide-a-bed? Each have different structure in how they are made. A handyman service might be your best answer if you got this 2nd hand and not from a store. A few nuts and bolts sometimes can fix most things with it unless it is a big structure thing.

One of the local Holiday Inns was changing out room furniture, my niece worked there and they sold it to employees/families first. You had not much choice from the supply, so we brought home 7 3/4 hide-a-bed sofas and took parts from some to make nice ones. At $25 each, cheaper than new. They were identical so we could do this. I recovered mine, put in new cushions and for the guy to sew the cushions it cost me just as much as the fabric for the whole thing. I don't use it as a bed unit, have a full sized one too in the living room. (06/16/2010)

By TandT Grandma

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I need information in order to purchase brackets. They are plastic hinge hardware (2) for Natuzzi sofa bed. I need the pull down support bracket at foot of the bed. They are made of plastic and were broken when one of my children closing the sofa bed, folded it on top of the mattress and not under the mattress as required.

By rocver from New York, NY

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

I have been using sofa beds for years and I know how frustrating it is when they need repairing. Take your old part to an Ace Hardware or other hardware store and see if they can find a metal part the same size. It will prevent future problems to switch to metal. That is what I have done for years. (07/17/2009)

By grannygirl

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Like many others, I have a sofa bed that is missing a bolt/rivet from the frame mechanism. Can this bolt be replaced or do I need a new frame?

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
Home and Garden Repair Furniture BedsMarch 21, 2011
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 12, 2016 at 8:25:06 PM on 10.0.0.103 in 506 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.