Browsing: Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

I'm trying to locate/buy a 5 foot sleeping sofa (queen size) rod. It is placed under the bed carriage to support it when a person sits down.

By Jose from VA

Filter: All Articles Sort: Relevance

March 21, 2011 Flag

I have a queen size sofa bed. One of the rods broke and it sags in the middle. Where can I get a new one?

By Donald from North Hollywood, CA

February 1, 2011 Flag

I am looking for 6 missing springs not a "s" shape, but regular. However, one end of the hook is wider to hook to the metal frame of the sofa bed. Does anyone have an suggestion? I looked at Lowe's and Home Depot, but the spring ends are the same and not a wide "c" shape end.

By Steve from Dallas, TX

December 18, 2010 Flag

I have an older sofa bed. It just needs a little TLC. Where can I get some replacement springs for it? I need: 12 - 3/4 inch x 2 1/2inch, the metal thickness is 1/8 inch. 13 - 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches, the metal thickness is 1/16 inch.

I hope you can be of some assistance. Thanks.

By Rick from Long Beach, CA

Answers:

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

My dad had the same problem with an ancient fold out bed.
We went to Home Depot or Lowe's, I forget, it was a few years ago and he lived in Florida and I don't live there. They had springs for the replacements we needed too. Our springs had stretched!

Good luck! (07/22/2010)

By metroplex

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

If you cannot locate your needs in a hardware store, have you thought of contacting an upholstery business? They may have them available or direct you to where you can buy from. (07/22/2010)

By Lorelei

July 22, 2010 Flag

Where does one find replacement parts for a sofa bed?

By Gim from Twin Cities, MN

Answers:

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Look up the manufacturer on the web and contact them. Usually you can purchase the parts from them; or contact the store that sold it to you, they can usually order the part. Good luck. (06/16/2010)

By yoder178

Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed

Also from MN, do you mean divan, Murphy, Hide-a-bed? Each have different structure in how they are made. A handyman service might be your best answer if you got this 2nd hand and not from a store. A few nuts and bolts sometimes can fix most things with it unless it is a big structure thing.

One of the local Holiday Inns was changing out room furniture, my niece worked there and they sold it to employees/families first. You had not much choice from the supply, so we brought home 7 3/4 hide-a-bed sofas and took parts from some to make nice ones. At $25 each, cheaper than new. They were identical so we could do this. I recovered mine, put in new cushions and for the guy to sew the cushions it cost me just as much as the fabric for the whole thing. I don't use it as a bed unit, have a full sized one too in the living room. (06/16/2010)

By TandT Grandma

June 14, 2010 Flag

I need information in order to purchase brackets. They are plastic hinge hardware (2) for Natuzzi sofa bed. I need the pull down support bracket at foot of the bed.

July 14, 2009 Flag

Like many others, I have a sofa bed that is missing a bolt/rivet from the frame mechanism. Can this bolt be replaced or do I need a new frame?

Sofa Bed
Finding Parts to Repair a Sofa Bed
Home and Garden Repair Furniture BedsMarch 21, 2011
Sofa Bed
Repairing a Sofa Bed Frame
Bedspring Santa
Making a Bed Spring Santa
Sofa Bed
Sofa Bed is Stuck Open
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 12:24:49 AM on 10.0.0.176 in 558 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.