Getting Rid of Groundhogs

How do I deter a pair of groundhogs that are living under my shed? I don't want to trap and release them, nor do I want anyone to kill them. Is there anything I can throw down into their hole to make them relocate?

By kimmcg from NJ

You're going to think this is crazy but, go to a store like Big R, Rural king, etc. that sells hunting supplies. Buy a bottle of fox urine. Take it home a put on some cotton balls and place inside a knee hi pantyhose or something like that. I suppose a pillow case or even on an old rag would work. Put whatever you put the fox urine on in the hole or around where the groundhog are. They will leave. We did this ourselves when we had a groundhog under the concrete in one of our outbuildings. He left and has never been back. They are scared of foxes! The item was less than $10. I found this somewhere on the internet. Hope it helps you.

Moth balls do it every time, and they don't hurt the animal that you are trying to rid yourself of, they just get going elsewhere

Chile

We have used this method and it works, hope you have a cat or know someone that does! After locating their holes, they may have 3 holes,dump a box of used kitty litter in the hole and cover with something heavy like a patio block. The critters will move on to better digs.

unfortunately killing them is the only solution. A hound dog or border collie or lab should be able to kill them for you or shoot them. There is no other solution to get rid of them which is sad because they are cute and furry and just trying to eat.