Oxy Clean for Stains

The best way to get out all stains out of clothes, whether it is blood, chocolate, grape juice, some unknown stain, or even baby poop, is to use Oxy powder. Wet the stain with warm water, put a little Oxy on the stain (or how ever much you need for the spot) and place in a pail to soak with warm water.

Soak overnight and wash with your regular laundry loads. Presto, it comes out! Plus, the oxy will help your other clothes as well. I've even taken stains out of used clothes at garage sales, etc., that people got rid of just because of some small stain.

By Morbetomommy from Topeka, Kansas

Oxy Clean works wonderfully when this summer we used that to clean our off white carpeting, and our puppy still training, they both didn't mix well together. ;) Carpeting and puppy I mean. :) We used it with the rug doctor, after we quickly went through the very expensive bottle of rug doctor detergent that didn't clean the carpeting very well, but, oxy clean did it beautifully, and at Dollar General, the big tub of it was only $5.

Now, I didn't read it, but, my husband had told us to NOT flush the used dirty water in the toilet or sink, or even use it in the washing machine, because we have a septic tank, and he said in the Grand Rapids Press said that Oxy clean would mess up our septic tank, and not everyone have septic tanks, however we do.

The kids cleaning the carpeting, they dumped the dirty water outside the deck, and it killed every leaf where it hit from one of the birch tree leaves there, just the leaves hit though, and all the grass, some ferns and large violet plants under the birch died too, and all there is left where the dirty water hit, it's just sand there now, I'll see if they come back in the spring, just not sure yet.

We also have a water well too, so I'm wondering about it getting into the water down below, and what it might happen.

I still have another bucket of Oxy clean granules, and I was thinking about using it in a bucket for stains for clothing, or any possible mistakes from Jess (my dog posted in here), she doesn't like to go outside when it's raining or snowing. ;) So, does anyone know about dumping the water with Oxy clean? Maybe I need to just give that bucket to someone else in town where sewer lines take it somewhere else, rather in my property.

Does anyone know anything about this about the septic tanks as well as the water wells? I do love Oxy Clean though.

Home and Garden Cleaning StainsOctober 5, 2009
Grape juice that is splashing out of the cup.
Removing Grape Juice Stains from a Tablecloth
Someone using an acne cleansing pad on their face.
Homemade Oxy Cleansing Pads Recipes
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Glass of Red Wine Spilled on Carpet
Removing Red Wine Stains from Carpet