Putting a Small Gift Inside a Big Box

I need help on how to surprise my boyfriend. I got him a ring for X-mas and I want him to think I got him something big. I want to put it inside a big box but I don't want to leave it empty. Can someone one give me some ideas on what to put in the box to fill it up?

How about filling the big box with a bunch of empty little boxes that are wrapped. He will then have to keep opening the little boxes until he finds the one that has the actual ring in it. Or you could fill the little boxes with something small like candy.

you could put newpaper, tissue paper or you could probably blow up balloons and put them in.

Stop by a U-haul or USP store and get a bag of plastic peanuts (actually they're starch now so they're biodegradable) and fill the large box with that. Then later you can dump the peanuts in the back seat of someone's car you want to play a joke on.

Ziploc bags filled with air like pillows. You can then recycle the bags. You would not need more than a box at the most which can be found at a dollar store for $1.

Popped or unpopped popcorn.

Birdseed - then you could fill a feeder with it later.

bottle caps

It used to be all the rage back "in my day" to nest several boxes and the last one opened would have the ring.

Balloons are cheap (at dollar stores), lightweight and fun too!

Flavored popcorn, like cheese, kettle corn, etc. Then he has a good snack to share later. Or make popcorn gorp...popcorn, nuts, M&M's, whatever.

dpcw That is a great idea!

Last year my son-in-law got my daughter a new set of wedding rings she had been looking at. To fool her, he put the rings in a box and wrapped it, then he put it in another bigger box and wapped that, then into another bigger box and wrapped that and so on and so on, All in all, I think she had to unwrap 6 boxes. It was fun to watch her keep unwrapping the boxes until she got to the little box.

Another idea is a hunting expedition. Wrap one box with a note inside telling him where to go to find the next wrapped box. You could also put small gifts in each box such as candy, or a special treat he likes, small office supplies etc. Do this as many times as you like. It's sort of like a scavenger hunt. Have a Blessed Christmas.

My mother bought my father a ring years ago for christmas. She put it in a wrapping paper tube and put paper around it so that the box was in the middle of tube with the paper on each end and then wrapped the tube. My father mashed that tube for days trying to figure out what it was.

For my 10th birthday I received a box that would barely fit under a card table. I seemed to be full of crumpled newspaper. My family told me after we pulled all the paper out that there was a 'all day sucker' (those oblong chocolate toffee ones) and a penny in the box. We only found the sucker, so my friends and I took the newspaper piece by piece, straighted it out , re-crumbled it and tossed it around the room. We found the penny finally and had a blast tossing the paper everywhere. I am 66 now and still remember that day. My suggestion: use crumpled newspaper.

brown paper gift wrap
Frugal Gift Wrapping Ideas
Holidays and Parties Gifts AdviceDecember 11, 2007
Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas, Decorated flower pot as gift container.
Reusable Gift Wrap Ideas
Gift Card Box
Making a Gift Card Box
Cat in Litter Box
Cat Not Using the Litter Box
🎉
🎄