Leave Craft Magazines Intact

Don't tear pages out of magazines! Make copies of the ideas, projects, recipes or whatever, file them as usual, then pass the intact magazines along to someone else. Your project might be the first page of someone else's pattern.

By BLINDQUILTER from Front Royal, VA

I keep a file on the computer and whenever I find a pattern in one of my magazines (I have almost 100 and still subscribe and buy more) I scan the picture and label it with the magazine title, issue number and date, and page number. That way If I'm looking for a particular one all I have to do is scroll through the file instead of spending hours going through magazine after magazine and book after book. I also have the file organized as to what the pattern is for: Apparel for women, etc, For the Home, and so forth.

I agree with this tip of not tearing magazines. I worked in a medical office for many years and we subscribed to a number of magazines for our waiting room. Patients would frequently tear pages from the magazines, or would just take the entire magazine home with them.

We decided to print out labels and stick them to the covers of our magazines to let patients know that we would be happy to make a copy of any article, so that the magazines could remain intact for others' enjoyment. The reminder did help.

I started using my mobile phone to take a picture of recipes, craft ideas, & ideas for my home so I don't need to sneak a page or even ask a busy receptionist for a copy of an article. It can be saved into a document as an image. Just another idea for allowing magazines to remain intact for others to read.

A large stack of food magazines.
Organizing Ideas From Magazines
Crafts MiscellaneousMay 6, 2009
Mr. and Mrs. SantaMade From Reader's Digest Magazines
Mr. and Mrs. Santa Made from Reader's Digest Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Crafts Made With Magazines
Organizing Craft Patterns
Organizing Craft Patterns
Uses for Old Magazines
Uses for Old Magazines