Finding the Value of Old Vinyl Records

Does anyone know the value of old 78 RPM records as well as 33 records? Someone said there is no value. Surely there is some value. Does anyone have experience in this area? I have a fairly large number. Thanks for sharing.

By oredwine1933 from Fort Worth, TX

There isn't a lot of value, but most cities of some size have a store or two which buys old records. You could find one near you and give a call for an estimate.

Also google old records, buy and sell. Definitely check on ebay and see if anything is going on. I worked in an antique shop for 8+ years and we sold our records for average of 3 dollars per. Occasionally for one dollar, sometimes 5 dollars.

Unless it's a special record, that's probably near average. But after getting some info, try craigslist.

There is a resurgence in vinyl. Even my 17 year old is getting into them. While many albums aren't worth much, especially if they aren't in great condition, many are worth quite a bit. And at an oldies record store in my area, I saw some going for hundreds of dollars. Search the internet, look for specific titles, you may be surprised what you have value wise. Personally, I buy them by the box at rummage sales for the nostalgic value, but I am always hoping to find the big one with cash value.

In the 2009 Fort Worth A T & T yellow pages under Records, Tapes, CD's Used & Vintage there are two places that might help you. Also Half Price book buys old records, but they don't pay much. In your browser look for old records for sale some of the sites may have what you are looking for.

August 23, 2011 Flag

I have old 78 records. How do I find out if they are worth any money?

By May

Answer This QuestionWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I live in the country, and don't have access to 'experts' that can value things, and probably couldn't afford one anyways. I always look on ebay, to see if an item is for sale there, to get a starting value on anything. If I don't find it there, then I search for it online. That usually helps. You can usually find someone, or some site that is selling something similar.

Search "old vinyl records prices" and you'll find websites that appraise records. Moneymusic.com is just one. Most have some free info. Also, you might check with your public library to see if they can get you a copy of a good price guide on loan.

I didn't sell the vinyls instead I painted on them and made them into beautiful clocks. You can purchase the clock works at craft stores and they are very easy to assemble. If you don't paint you can cut out photos of the family, black and white are great and make a really interesting artsy project. Have fun!

I have patsy clines 1967 greatest hits

Selling Vinyl Records
Selling Vinyl Records
Consumer Advice Collectibles MiscellaneousSeptember 23, 2009
Uses for Old Records
Uses for Old Records
Making a Vinyl Record Dessert Stand
Making a Vinyl Record Dessert Stand
Old Encyclopedias on Shelf
Finding the Value of Old Reference Books
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
🎄