Finding the Value of Old Vinyl Records

Does anyone know the value of old 78 RPM records as well as 33 records? Someone said there is no value. Surely there is some value. Does anyone have experience in this area? I have a fairly large number. Thanks for sharing.

By oredwine1933 from Fort Worth, TX

Best Answer

There is a resurgence in vinyl. Even my 17 year old is getting into them. While many albums aren't worth much, especially if they aren't in great condition, many are worth quite a bit. And at an oldies record store in my area, I saw some going for hundreds of dollars. Search the internet, look for specific titles, you may be surprised what you have value wise. Personally, I buy them by the box at rummage sales for the nostalgic value, but I am always hoping to find the big one with cash value.

There isn't a lot of value, but most cities of some size have a store or two which buys old records. You could find one near you and give a call for an estimate.

Also google old records, buy and sell. Definitely check on ebay and see if anything is going on. I worked in an antique shop for 8+ years and we sold our records for average of 3 dollars per. Occasionally for one dollar, sometimes 5 dollars.

Unless it's a special record, that's probably near average. But after getting some info, try craigslist.

In the 2009 Fort Worth A T & T yellow pages under Records, Tapes, CD's Used & Vintage there are two places that might help you. Also Half Price book buys old records, but they don't pay much. In your browser look for old records for sale some of the sites may have what you are looking for.