General AdviceConsumer Advice

Looking For Review of "Not So Scary Halloween"

I'd like to ask anyone who's gone to Disney World's Not so scary Halloween. I'm planning on going in Oct. this year and just not sure which week would be best. I see it begins in Sept. and I don't plan on going Halloween night, it would be too crowded I assume. We love Halloween and this looks like a lot of fun.

Thanks.

Gayle from St. Louis, MO

I assume you are referring to the Halloween Party? We went in 2005-so not sure all events are still offered but if they are...

It requires an additional ticket. We went in early Octiber and it was HOT! Go as soon as the park opens for the event. It was crowded but more managable than during the day. Be sure and catch the headless horseman riding through WDW. You will get SO much candy (we neeed an extra suitcase to get it home!)

Wear a costume. Wait to the end of the evening to take youir free photo. Catch the haunted Riverboat ride. It was a BLAST and well worth the extra ticket price.

We have been twice and loved it! We usually go the end of September or the first of October, but it is still pretty hot then. Have you been to WDW before? If not, be sure to go the the Hoop Dee Do Review - it's so fun and the kids love it. As for Mickey's Not So Scary Haunted Halloween party, do go early, wear costumes (even the adults!), and stay for the "scary" fireworks. It's crowded every night, so you can't escape that, but they only sell a certain number of tickets for it, so it won't be wall to wall people. Also, we went when the free dining plan was available and that was a big savings for us. They have made changes in the plan this year, but you might want to check into it. Go to the DIS boards to learn everything you'd ever want to know about Disney (www.disboards.com). Have a great trip!