Browsing: Remedies for Armpit Odor

Causes of Body Odor

I have a strange odor emanating from my body. It's not a "BO" odor, and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for when it starts. At first I thought it was some medication I was taking and which I stopped taking, but the odor continues. It isn't food related either. I went to the doctor and I have her stumped. What could be causing this?

By as327 from NY

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I think you have to be more specific... is the smell like a popcicle? motor oil? banana pudding? Chanel 5? and is it every day?

Are you taking any herbs or vitamins? I took St John's wort and one very hot day I kept smelling something like a decaying swamp. It was me.

Worked one short job in a warehouse during a hot summer and I could smell all the coffee I drank sweating out of me.

Lots of people love lavender, perfume, soap, shampoo, etc. I like the smell but on my skin it turns really odd.

My guess is it's something you take in, or slather on.

If it smells like keytone/acetone/finger nail remover, could be an indicator of diabetes, but that's mainly a breath thing.

Garlic and asparagus cause a strange smell in my urine, but only as long as it takes to digest them.

Do you have migraine headaches? My hubby used to give off a weird chemical smell just before he got his headaches. I always knew when he was in for a dilly. It was so bad nobody would go near him. It eventually disappeared as he got older, although the migraines were still there.

When I started taking Omega-3 fish oil I eliminated any body odor. Since it is an important nutrient at least it will help your body even if it doesn't help your odor problem.

This may sound crazy, but could it be your clothing? Maybe you have changed your laundry soap, fabric softener? You may still smell if after a shower you are drying yourself with towels washed in the detergent, fabric conditioner that you have changed? This happened to me until I realized it wasn't me but I had changed to using vinegar in my laundry and the smell seemed to cling to only me in my family! I was obviously using too much vinegar!

Strange smells can be candida over growth, & when you describe a smell, others may not recognize the smell as that. Everyone's nose is different & there are conditions that make you smell things in a different way. It's why good perfume smells different to different people.

Candida has a smell when it is in the shoes, clothes, underarm, everywhere. You could try taking some parsley, either fresh or in caps, you just need a lot of it, but if it's candida, it's serious, get it under control.

Problems with the liver and/or intestines can cause body odor. Go to another doctor.

Are you diabetic? There is a certain odor to that.

Recently on "The Doctors" show, they had a woman on there who had body odor and no matter what she did she could not get rid of it. I honestly don't remember the remedy but maybe could go to their website and do a search. Good Luck!

Yes, I hate to say it, but you need a second opinion. Many illnesses cause different body odors. One church friend who had terrible BO had cancer... another had diabetes. If you're uncomfortable with your own odor, the first friend I mentioned started taking charcoal capsules, and that helped eliminate her BO. God bless. Jo

Armpit Odor
Remedies for Armpit Odor
Health & Beauty AdviceAugust 25, 2009
Sweaty Body Odor
Remedies for Body Odor
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Leather Chair
Removing Body Odor from Leather
Upholstered couch.
Removing Body Odor From Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 12:37:21 PM on 10.0.2.107 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.