Cookie Tins for Quick Gift Wrap

Got some cute cookie tins? Looking for a shortcut to some gift wrapping? I always seem to be running behind and find myself furiously cutting and taping wrapping on Christmas Eve!

Last year I remembered the nice cookie containers I'd received a couple of weeks earlier at our annual cookie exchange. The cookies were in the freezer and the tins were washed and tucked away out of sight. So I took them out of storage and put them to use as "gift boxes" for small items, gift certificates, etc.

It worked out so well that I'm definitely going to use some again this year! The more unusual shapes are great. This year I'm including a star-shaped tin and a tin with a lid that opens like a treasure chest.

Saves paper, tape, and ribbons, puts those pretty cookie tins on display once again, and it's a great way for everybody to recycle them year after year!

By Janet from Howell, MI

Since the cookie tins are eminently reusable, you're really giving two gifts in one this way! Wonderful!

Great idea! For those of us who didn't have a stock of cookie tins (I just moved into apt from motor home) the great tins with ribbons for cheap at Walgreens this Christmas season was a terrific money saver. I made macaroons for the residents of my Senior Apts. and added some colored tissue paper. They loved the tins (and the macaroons!)

Uses for Cookie Tins
Reusing Tins
Holidays and Parties Christmas Gift WrappingDecember 23, 2009
Recycled Wrapping Paper
Recycled Wrapping Paper Ideas
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Game made form an Altoids tin.
Crafts Made Using Altoids Tins
Altoids and Other Mint Tins
Uses for Altoid Candy or Mint Tins