Cucumber, Vidalia Onion and Tomato Salad
Cucumber, Vidalia Onion and Tomato Salad I
Make this salad right before serving for exceptional fresh taste!
- 1 English cucumber or 1 lg reg cuke, cut lengthwise twice and cubed
- 1 medium vidalia onion or walla walla sweet, finely diced.
- 1 large tomato cubed
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dill weed
- salt and coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup packed chopped cilantro (optional)
Mix all together in bowl.
Cucumber, Vidalia Onion and Tomato Salad II
Here's another variation:
- cucumber (any kind)
- onion (any kind but Vidalia and red are best)
- tomato (any kind)
- Balsamic vinegar (about 2 tbsp as a marinade)
- *garlic powder (Optional)
Cut into pieces, put in Ziploc with Balsamic, and garlic to preference, marinade for 30 minutes - 36 hours, turning bag every so often the longer you marinade. The longer you marinade, the better, but picks up flavors within 30 minutes.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 19, 2016 at 4:15:46 PM on 10.0.2.114 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us