Cucumber, Vidalia Onion and Tomato Salad I
Make this salad right before serving for exceptional fresh taste!
- 1 English cucumber or 1 lg reg cuke, cut lengthwise twice and cubed
- 1 medium vidalia onion or walla walla sweet, finely diced.
- 1 large tomato cubed
- 3/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dill weed
- salt and coarse black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup packed chopped cilantro (optional)
Mix all together in bowl.
Cucumber, Vidalia Onion and Tomato Salad II
Here's another variation:
- cucumber (any kind)
- onion (any kind but Vidalia and red are best)
- tomato (any kind)
- Balsamic vinegar (about 2 tbsp as a marinade)
- *garlic powder (Optional)
Cut into pieces, put in Ziploc with Balsamic, and garlic to preference, marinade for 30 minutes - 36 hours, turning bag every so often the longer you marinade. The longer you marinade, the better, but picks up flavors within 30 minutes.