Cooking Half a Turkey - Categories:

Turkey TipsThanksgiving

Cooking Half a Turkey

Can someone tell me how to cook half a turkey?

By Moira

Answers

You might consider using cooking bags. They have the instructions and will keep the turkey moist.

December 25, 2009 Flag

Turkeys are so cheap right now. If you have a small family or even if you are going out for T-giving dinner, do buy a turkey anyway. The butcher can saw the frozen bird in half for you, thaw half to cook now, and wrap and stick the other half in the freezer to use a couple of months later. Turkey is so good and good for you. Take advantage of this inexpensive bargain.

By Linda L from Vista, CA

Answers:

Cooking Half a Turkey

I quit doing whole turkeys several years ago, because it was getting too hard for me to get them in and out of the oven. I do turkey breasts in the crock pot/slow cooker. For nine people the turkey breast is more than enough with all the other food we have. I also serve a small ready to serve ham (about 2 1/2 lbs.) There are several place online with directions for doing a turkey breast in the crock pot. (10/11/2009)

By redhatterb

Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving Turkey TipsDecember 25, 2009
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 22, 2016 at 9:22:30 AM on 10.0.0.120 in 603 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.