Cooking Half a Turkey

By Moira gray 1

Can someone tell me how to cook half a turkey?

By Moira

By SusannL 33 139 Flag

You might consider using cooking bags. They have the instructions and will keep the turkey moist.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Archive: Cooking Half a Turkey

Turkeys are so cheap right now. If you have a small family or even if you are going out for T-giving dinner, do buy a turkey anyway. The butcher can saw the frozen bird in half for you, thaw half to cook now, and wrap and stick the other half in the freezer to use a couple of months later. Turkey is so good and good for you. Take advantage of this inexpensive bargain.

By Linda L from Vista, CA

Feedback:

RE: Cooking Half a Turkey

I quit doing whole turkeys several years ago, because it was getting too hard for me to get them in and out of the oven. I do turkey breasts in the crock pot/slow cooker. For nine people the turkey breast is more than enough with all the other food we have. I also serve a small ready to serve ham (about 2 1/2 lbs.) There are several place online with directions for doing a turkey breast in the crock pot. (10/11/2009)

By redhatterb

Holidays and Parties Thanksgiving Turkey TipsDecember 25, 2009
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
A cooked turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in a Slow Cooker (Crockpot)
Carving a Turkey
Using Your Turkey Bones for Soup
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 9, 2016 at 11:02:32 AM on 10.0.2.70 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings