Cooking Half a Turkey

Can someone tell me how to cook half a turkey?

By Moira

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By SusannL 33 139 12/26/2009

Cooking instructions have always come with every turkey or part of a turkey I have purchased. But you might consider using cooking bags. They have the instructions and will keep the turkey moist.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

Thrifty Fun has been around so long that many of our pages have been reset several times. Archives are older versions of the page and the comments that were provided then.

Archive: Cooking Half a Turkey

Turkeys are so cheap right now. If you have a small family or even if you are going out for T-giving dinner, do buy a turkey anyway. The butcher can saw the frozen bird in half for you, thaw half to cook now, and wrap and stick the other half in the freezer to use a couple of months later. Turkey is so good and good for you. Take advantage of this inexpensive bargain.

By Linda L from Vista, CA

RE: Cooking Half a Turkey

I quit doing whole turkeys several years ago, because it was getting too hard for me to get them in and out of the oven. I do turkey breasts in the crock pot/slow cooker. For nine people the turkey breast is more than enough with all the other food we have. I also serve a small ready to serve ham (about 2 1/2 lbs.) There are several place online with directions for doing a turkey breast in the crock pot. (10/11/2009)

By redhatterb