Looking for Chicken Salad Recipe

A few years a go at my daughters baby shower, we served a chicken salad on mini croissants that was wonderful. My youngest daughter will be getting married soon and she is wanting to have the same food served at the reception. The problem is that I can not find the recipe anywhere.

All I can remember about it is we used boneless chicken breasts chopped, mandarin oranges, almond slivers and shallots. I do not remember if there are any additional ingredients or what the quantities are. I do know that it was a wonderful recipe and if anyone is lucky enough to have it I would appreciate your sharing!! I will continue to look for it as well and if I happen to find it I will post it.

I am not sure if this is the recipe that you are looking for but it is really good and can be made with or without pasta.

Mandarin chicken Salad

1 teaspoon finely chopped, peeled fresh ginger root

1 garlic clove, pressed

1/3 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar

&frac; cup orange juice

&frac; cup vegetable oil

1 teaspoon sesame oil

1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix

2 teaspoons sugar

For Dressing, finely chop gingerroot, press garlic. Mix all ingredients above, cover, refrigerate until ready to eat.

8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta

&frac; cucumber, scored, seeded and sliced

&frac; cup diced red bell pepper

&frac; cup chopped red onion

1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves

1 can (11 ounces) mandarin orange segments, drained

2 cups diced cooked chicken (I buy precooked, marinated and cut up  ready to use)

&frac; cup sliced almonds, toasted

i was looking to see if I might fill in the "&frac;" for the last recipe. Anytime a symbol is used for a fraction, our system doesn't translate it so it looks like that. They should be 1/4, 1/2 or other fractions.

I couldn't find the recipe that Ellen posted but did find a few more:

Here are a couple of really different recipes for Mandarin Chicken Salad:

http://www.razzledazzlerecipes.com/ ... sy/salads/mandarin-chicken-salad.htm

and some other Chicken Salad recipes:

Hopefully Ellen comes back and notices that the ingredients have the funny "&frac;" so we an find out the actual fractions for the ingredients.

Susan from ThriftyFun

Chicken Caesar Salad
Chicken Salad Recipes
Food and Recipes Recipes SaladsJanuary 4, 2005
Basil Chicken Salad
Basil Chicken Salad Recipes
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Chicken Salad
Freezing Chicken Salad
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume