Donate Blood for the Holidays

Two major holidays are coming up. They are the most traveled holidays in the USA. Before you go off to Grandmother's house for those wonderful dinners and family time, take a few minutes and drop by the blood bank and donate blood. Statistics show more people are killed every year on Thanksgiving and Christmas holiday traveling than any other time of the year. Your generous gift of blood could save someones life. Who knows it may save your life.

So please go give blood.

I'd like to also urge you to be an organ donor. The life you save through both of these services could be someone you love.

By Gem from VA

Maybe the folks who stay home should give the blood. I am not so sure a lightheaded person should be out on the road.

Usually one plans on giving blood at a certain time as to not endanger anyone. My point was give blood before the major holidays not hours before you are scheduled to leave. A lot of folks are flying at these times as well.

Folks just donate some blood a few days before the holidays.

Gem

Gem, You are one, "A GEM" I mean. I hope your tip will save many lives this year. Donating blood is easy and I am only one person that received blood last year. I am grateful that someone was there for me. Please, everyone that can, donate blood soon. And for people that are still sitting on the fence about being an organ donor. Fill out the card today. And let your families know your wishes, so they know how you feel. GG Vi

November 24, 2010 Flag

When you donate blood during the 2006 holiday season, there are various freebies they are giving away. The states include: AL, AR, CA, FL, GA, KY, LA, MO, OH, RI, SC, TX, VA, WA, & WI.

Download PDF File

Get something for giving! If your state is not listed, pass it on to a friend or relative in one of those states.

By Terri in Nevada

young medical professional holding sign- Blood Donors Wanted
Donating Blood
Holidays and Parties Christmas TraditionsNovember 24, 2010
Blood Oranges on Cutting Board
Recipes Using Blood Oranges
Photo of a sad puppy laying on the floor.
Puppy With Blood in its Stool
A bottle of hydrogen peroxide, great to use to remove blood stains.
Removing Blood Stains from Clothing and Fabric
Blood Pressure Reducing Breakfast
Naturally Reducing Blood Pressure
🎄