Use A Daily Planner For Organizing

I know people who are pretty scattered in their thinking and life. I suggest that people get a daily planner. You can make your own. Just get a notebook and each page is a day. Put in at least 30 days. Start with today, put down everything you have to do today. Also put down duties for tomorrow and the next day. And so on. Put down your appointments for that whole month.

In the mornings, plan what to do that day. When you accomplish that job, scratch it off. Then do the next thing on your list. When accomplished, scratch that off your list. It will give you a sense of accomplishment and also keep your life more organized. When new things come up, add them to the appropriate day. So all you have to remember in the morning is to take your book with you wherever you go, instead of trying to remember all the things in your head making your life a turmoil and confusing.

By Phyllis from Weldon, CA

here's a great link to free printables & sign up for free to get emailed the updates !

they offer all sorts of household charts & lists & such !

Hi Phyllis - I tend to overschedule myself, and now I have a separate page in the back of the planner called 'Someday Isle' (someday I'll...organize my garage!) Good place for all those projects that are not time-sensitive except that by winter I do want to get my truck in there again. Thanks for the good tip, I was once introduced to the concept of planning by a kind person, because I was such an unreliable kid.

Right now wal-mart has notebooks on for 10 cents each. I got a whole case for $2.40. Probably enough for a year's worth of notebooks!

I want to thank you for introducing this idea to the most scatter-brained individual you could ever meet! Ha! I also want to thank Melody for giving us the website for printables. I found a schedule that I printed off that I think will help me tremendously. God bless all of you!

I used to use this system, but found it frustrating when life got in the way and some days I was not able to get anything done! The best option for me was to use Outlook on my laptop. That way, 'to do' jobs can be moved around, birthdays come up automatically, bills are not missed, and frequently used 'to do' chores can be entered using the 'recurrence' feature (eg fertilise plants on a monthly basis) without writing them over and over again.

Using a Daily Planner
Using a Daily Planner or Pocket Calendar
Organizing AdviceJuly 23, 2007
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner, Happy Couple Talking With Financial Consultant
Selecting a Broker or Financial Planner
Making a Planner
Making a Planner
Turning a Planner Into a Purse
Turning a Planner Into a Purse
Daily Facial Cloth
Saving Money on Daily Facial Cloths