Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

Ok, I'm called the "Beauty Freak" because I read and apply everything! Yet nothing works! I have the worst hair in the world! Its really poofy and I have bangs the go to middle of my face but they are really wavy! It looks like yuck! I don't use heat! I take absolute great acre of my hair! I need help.

Aliesha from Florida

See This is the thing! When I cut it it just comes back! like instantlly! I don't use heat becuase it mkes it worse and I only use conditioner because I know sometimes shampoo makes it worse. I use serums and oils. My hair never used to be like this intill like a year ago it use to be pretty and stariaght. I dont know if its beacuse I tuck it behind my ears, which I used to do all the time when it was pretty or because I have well water which I have had for ten years. i know My younger sister has the same problem and she lives in the same conditions as me! I hardly ever use a pony because it just makes the wavey cress worse! I need help!?

grow it out- Bangs will not work for me either- too wavy to tame

Find a stylist who understands what you want and have that person teach you how to work with your hair

Try the John Frieda hair product line, available at most drug stores.They are a real life saver for me!

I use the anti-poof shampoo & conditioner from Sun Silk (at Walmart). The blue bottle. A BIG round brush also helps. I, like you use to say heat hurt my hair & let it "air dry" but now I use the round brush & only allow the flow of air on the hair on the brush. It works great & I finally have decent hair -if not the "Pantene Hair" I always wished for. Good Luck!

October 7, 2007 Flag

My hair is long and wavy. Though people say I have beautiful hair bur I personally am not satisfied with it. It needs daily shampooing. It is unmanageable also. Because of its curly effect I cannot make a pony which I like the most. Can anyone suggest some good and easy styles for me? I have a round wheatish face with big and black eyes.

Sanjana from Gaziabad

Answers:

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

I don't know why you can't make a pony, I think wavy/curly ponies look the best! My hair is perfectly straight until it gets below my shoulders then it starts to wave like crazy. Maybe if you cut your hair a little the wave would fall out. Might make your hair more manageable, too. Hope this helps. What's a "wheatish" face? We don't have that expression here. (08/26/2007)

By perfumed fan

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

I think you could still wear a ponytail. Don't try to pull all of the wave out, just gently pull back and gather into a covered elastic band. Let your waves work for you, around your face. The shorter bits will soften up the round shape.
shishi (08/27/2007)

By shishi

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

When my hair is long, I like to pin it back loosely with bobby pins. It's one of those controlled chaos-looking things, just sort of piled on the back of my head, with some curls going this way and that. Maybe try that? It takes me like two minutes, tops, to do it. (08/27/2007)

By Alicia

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

I am not a person who likes to fool with my hair. It has a lot of natural curl with an irregular wave pattern in the back. When I was young (1950s) I wore a pony tail pulled up to the crown and it hung down to the collar of my blouses. People with wavy or curly hair can wear pony tails. I now cut it myself with a trimming razor and taper it with no shaving at the neckline. I keep it very short and don't need to do anything but shampoo and keep it knocked out of my eyes. (08/27/2007)

By MartyD

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

You have long, black beautiful hair and big, dark eyes, and you are not satisfied with that. Oh to be that young again. How about pulling the hair on top to the back, and hold it with a barrette or a covered rubber band and ribbon? That's a classic style for long hair. If it's long enough to braid, you could twist the braid into a knot and pin it to the back or top of your head. (08/27/2007)

By Jantoo

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

I also have long and wavy hair. What I found is that a haircut with long layers works best with the curl and I can still pull it into a ponytail (which is mostly what I do). If you have problems with frizz, using conditioner helps. (08/28/2007)

By Jenny

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

I realize I am on a 'thrifty' website, but for 14.95 you can upload your photo on thehairstyler.com and try on a ton of different hairstyles and see exactly which ones will suit you. (08/31/2007)

By Winnie_01

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

Hi,
I've got very thick, dark, curly hair. First of all, buy the best, thickest conditioner you can afford. Then after you wash with shampoo, put conditioner on and leave it in. I also then put a curl balm (cheap Sunsilk brand) and mousse (again, just a cheap Sunsilk brand) then I tip my head upside down and blow dry it with a diffuser, touching it as little as possible.

While a good haircut helps (get them to thin it and layer it) these tips keep frizz under control too.
Of course, if you get oily hair this won't work, but my hair is very dry and coarse, so never gets oily.

This course of action means I only wash my hair 2-3 times a week and when I get up in the morning I wet my hands, run them gently through my hair and I am ready to go! Also, as an emergency fix, moisturizer is GREAT to control frizz, just as good as all those expensive creams and can be used on hair when dry.
Enjoy your curls, they're beautiful! (09/04/2007)

By Quillyshadow

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

Sorry, meant to say buy the BEST and thickest conditioner you can afford, not the most expensive. Obviously price isn't everything, even with conditioners!

Cheers,
(09/04/2007)

By Quillyshadow

Styling Advice for Wavy Hair

(quote)What's a "wheatish" face?(/quote)
Wheatish face is a light brown colored face (09/11/2007)

By GG

Health & Beauty Beauty Hair Tips StylingAugust 26, 2007
A woman with long hair.
Growing Hair Faster
Woman with Short Hair Style
Choosing a Short Hair Style
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄