Acid Free Tissue Paper

Does anyone know where I can get acid free tissue paper? This is the kind that won't discolor clothing. I've tried craft stores, bridal and prom shops, fabric stores, stationery stores -- no one has it. A mail order source would be fine.

Joan from Chesapeake VA

I would imagine that has some. They specialize in archival quality products.

They also have a mail order catalog. Quilters only use acid-free tissue paper to preserve stored quilts.

I know Archivers has it, I buy it from there all the time, but I think the nearest location to you is Raleigh, NC.

What I would say is if you have a museum in town, give them a call and ask them where they pick it up. Before I found out Archivers had it, I called the local art museum and they gave me the name of a local supplier I could order it from.

The other suggestion would be to ask your dry cleaner. They do the packaging of wedding dresses for archival purposes and may be able to tell you where they get their supply from.

Have you tried dry cleaners that specialize in preserving wedding gowns or christening gowns, etc.? I would think that they may either have it or know where to get it.

I buy my tissue paper at and they have the kind that doesn't bleed also, not sure if that is the acid free kind.

Crafts AdviceJune 3, 2007
Colorful Tissue Paper
Reusing Tissue Paper
Acid Reflux
Remedies for Acid Reflux
A car battery.
Cleaning Up Battery Acid
Colorful Tissue Paper
Cleaning Tissue Paper Stains From Carpet