Rust Stains on Plastic Tub

I have rust stains on a plastic tub. I've moved into a mobile home just a week ago and can't use the tub. What product can I use to remove the rust and yellow stains on my plastic tub? Thanks.

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I know Tang gets rust out of a dishwasher. You might have some luck with that.

Try oxi-clean, nothing I've used works as good.

LimeAway and The Works bathroom cleaners are the most effective I have tried. I have very rusty well water and a plastic tub. Clorox Cleanup will also bleach out some stains. Good ventilation and gloves are needed for all of these.

My water comes out of the faucet the color of ice tea. I use CLR or the cheaper version (sold at Big Lots and the Dollar Tree) called "The Works". Also, I use a product called "Super Iron Out". In my washing machine and laundry.

Bar Keeper's Friend is a powder cleaner that gets rust off of bathroom things. It works wonders. I just get the spot wet, sprinkle soem Bar Keeper's Friend on the spot, wait a few minutes and wipe clean. It's kind of like Comet, only better for rust stains.

I have used CLR and it worked great ;-) Good Luck.

Use vinegar to remove rust on anything. The info is online. Search for ,"vinegar to remove rust", good luck.

there is a spray can you can get to spray your tub white it was sold at lowe's however with the rust stains just try clr or something like that. Good Luck

Apparently the acid that is released from Rhubarb is really efficient at removing rust. There is a product called White N Brite made from rhubarb, apple, spinach and vinegar acidics. It is a white creme you spread on the surface with a damp sponge, let sit and rinse away. have no smell, all Organic and Non-Toxic I use it to remove, calcium and lime as I live in the country and it is also for my glass cooktop. you can find more info at www.yourbestcleaners.com

Add your voice! Click below to comment on this post or add your answer to this question. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom.

Rust stains running down tub from overflow drain.
Cleaning Rust Stains from a Plastic Bathtub
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomFebruary 23, 2009
Removing rust stains from a sink.
Removing Rust Stains from a Sink
Claw Foot Tub in Bright Bathroom
Cleaning a Claw Foot Tub
Rust stains around tub faucet.
Removing Rust Stains from a Bathtub
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on June 20, 2016 at 3:38:17 PM on 10.0.1.163 in 712 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.