Rust Stains on Plastic Tub

I have rust stains on a plastic tub. I've moved into a mobile home just a week ago and can't use the tub. What product can I use to remove the rust and yellow stains on my plastic tub? Thanks.

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By (Guest Post) 02/23/2009

I know Tang gets rust out of a dishwasher. You might have some luck with that.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Carol Rodriguez 35 107 02/23/2009

Try oxi-clean, nothing I've used works as good.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Joyce (Guest Post) 02/24/2009

LimeAway and The Works bathroom cleaners are the most effective I have tried. I have very rusty well water and a plastic tub. Clorox Cleanup will also bleach out some stains. Good ventilation and gloves are needed for all of these.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Erika (Guest Post) 02/25/2009

My water comes out of the faucet the color of ice tea. I use CLR or the cheaper version (sold at Big Lots and the Dollar Tree) called "The Works". Also, I use a product called "Super Iron Out". In my washing machine and laundry.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Donna (Guest Post) 02/25/2009

Bar Keeper's Friend is a powder cleaner that gets rust off of bathroom things. It works wonders. I just get the spot wet, sprinkle soem Bar Keeper's Friend on the spot, wait a few minutes and wipe clean. It's kind of like Comet, only better for rust stains.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Thomas 1 2 02/25/2009

I have used CLR and it worked great ;-) Good Luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By k w (Guest Post) 02/25/2009

Use vinegar to remove rust on anything. The info is online. Search for ,"vinegar to remove rust", good luck.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Barbara Snyder 13 98 02/25/2009

there is a spray can you can get to spray your tub white it was sold at lowe's however with the rust stains just try clr or something like that. Good Luck

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No

By Evas 02/09/2013

Apparently the acid that is released from Rhubarb is really efficient at removing rust. There is a product called White N Brite made from rhubarb, apple, spinach and vinegar acidics. It is a white creme you spread on the surface with a damp sponge, let sit and rinse away. have no smell, all Organic and Non-Toxic I use it to remove, calcium and lime as I live in the country and it is also for my glass cooktop. you can find more info at www.yourbestcleaners.com

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes No