Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Rust Stains on Plastic Tub

I have rust stains on a plastic tub. I've moved into a mobile home just a week ago and can't use the tub. What product can I use to remove the rust and yellow stains on my plastic tub? Thanks.

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By Evas02/09/2013

Apparently the acid that is released from Rhubarb is really efficient at removing rust. There is a product called White N Brite made from rhubarb, apple, spinach and vinegar acidics. It is a white creme you spread on the surface with a damp sponge, let sit and rinse away. have no smell, all Organic and Non-Toxic I use it to remove, calcium and lime as I live in the country and it is also for my glass cooktop. you can find more info at www.yourbestcleaners.com

By Barbara Snyder [9]02/25/2009

there is a spray can you can get to spray your tub white it was sold at lowe's however with the rust stains just try clr or something like that. Good Luck

By k w (Guest Post)02/25/2009

Use vinegar to remove rust on anything. The info is online. Search for ,"vinegar to remove rust", good luck.

By Thomas [1]02/25/2009

I have used CLR and it worked great ;-) Good Luck.

By Donna (Guest Post)02/25/2009

Bar Keeper's Friend is a powder cleaner that gets rust off of bathroom things. It works wonders. I just get the spot wet, sprinkle soem Bar Keeper's Friend on the spot, wait a few minutes and wipe clean. It's kind of like Comet, only better for rust stains.

By Erika (Guest Post)02/25/2009

My water comes out of the faucet the color of ice tea. I use CLR or the cheaper version (sold at Big Lots and the Dollar Tree) called "The Works". Also, I use a product called "Super Iron Out". In my washing machine and laundry.

By Joyce (Guest Post)02/24/2009

LimeAway and The Works bathroom cleaners are the most effective I have tried. I have very rusty well water and a plastic tub. Clorox Cleanup will also bleach out some stains. Good ventilation and gloves are needed for all of these.

By Carol Rodriguez [35]02/23/2009

Try oxi-clean, nothing I've used works as good.

By (Guest Post)02/23/2009

I know Tang gets rust out of a dishwasher. You might have some luck with that.