Make Circle Template

Being an avid crafter, I often make projects that require a circle cut from something. I would search through the house, finding an item that was the correct size circle, such as a can of soup.

I finally took a few moments one day and armed with scraps of cardboard I had saved from empty cereal boxes and such, (one never knows when one needs a piece of cardboard!), I roamed through my rooms tracing different size circles onto the cardboard. I then measured each and wrote the size inside the circle. I cut them all out and keep them as templates.

Now when I need a circle of any size, it's right there within reach. Works great!

By maryeruth from Palm Coast, FL

This is a great idea no matter what shape! :-)

I did that when I was making the clear Christmas ornaments with" Photos". I have all the sizes marked like you did. Sure is a time saver. GG Vi

May sound strange but the "plastic" that many bacon packages have under the bacon strips would be an alternative to cardboard. Since they are quite a sturdy material there would be no change in the dimensions that you cut into/onto them the way the cardboard may change after many uses. It may take awhile to accumulate them but in the meantime you can enjoy several BLT's!

I have used those plastic strips from bacon for many many years. I have a whole slew of them still. I have made so many templates from them as they never wear out! I use an indelible ink to write on them, although through a lot of usage, sometimes the ink starts to wear off, so I simply write it again and after a while... it stays on!

I live in Douglas Co. Oregon and we can't recycle our plastics above the number 2 now. That means I have tons of plastic lids I keep for just this kind of thing. I also use them under planters, for sorting beads and such. Plastic keeps it's shape forever and stays clean, too. Great idea!!

Craft Supplies
Saving Money on Craft Supplies
Crafts MiscellaneousFebruary 7, 2011
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Poker Themed Birthday Party
Finding the Center of a Circle
Finding the Center of a Circle
Plastic inking template with multiple sizes of circles
Making Reusable Circle Templates
Gingerbread Man Template
Making a Gingerbread Man Template
🎄