Night Light Lampshade
These cute night lights would make nice gifts or stocking stuffers. So easy to make that you'll want to make several. A good way to use up all of those short pieces of lace and trim leftover from other projects.
Approximate Time: Approximately 15 minutes
- 9 oz. (3 3/4 inch diameter x 2 3/4 inch high) clear plastic cup
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 7 inch piece of 2 3/4 inch wide wired ribbon
- assorted trims
- Use scissors to cut cup in half vertically. (One cup will make two shades.) The bottom of the cup will become the top of the shade.
- Wrap ribbon around cup half and fold ends to inside. If necessary, trim the ribbon ends to about 1/2 inch from side edges of cup.
- Glue ribbon to cup.
- Glue trims along top and bottom edges of shade.
- Glue top of shade to top of night light. Note: The picture shows the style of night light that seems to work best for this project.
By Momof1 from Wilkesboro, NC
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
January 29, 20080 found this helpful
Super cute idea!
January 30, 20080 found this helpful
Cute idea--and alot cheaper this way, too. :)
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 30, 2016 at 11:24:34 PM on 10.0.2.48 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us