Is Envirotex Safe to Use Near a Range Top?

I'm considering painting my countertops and either using Envirotex or polyurethane as a top coat. My concern is that I have a cook-top, not a free-standing unit, and was wondering if the heat emitted from that would have any affect on the counter-top? Flammable? Seeing that it would be in direct contact with the counter-top. Thanks in advance.

By Sally from New York

Answers

March 30, 2010 Flag

I'm considering painting my laminate countertops. What issues (if any) has anyone had with the Envirotex being next to a range top? I mean right next to it. Does the heat from the range top cause problems with the finish? Stupid question, but it doesn't "melt" or alter it, does it? Thanks.

By Sally

Answers:

I have sold this product but am unaware of a heat rating on it. I have called this company and talked to their technical support people. They were very helpful.

That is my suggestion, I don't know if anyone here will know the specifics of that product without consulting the people who make it. (12/06/2009)

By Hawker19

painting a countertop
Painting a Laminate Counter Top
Home and Garden Home Improvement KitchenMarch 30, 2010
Black smooth top cooking range.
Cleaning Spills on a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Top Stove
Cleaning a Smooth Top Stove
Smooth Stove Top
Cleaning Stains on a Smooth Stove Top
Dirty drip pan and stove top.
Keeping Electric Range Drip Pans Clean
🎄