Hammer (Olde English Bulldogge)

Hammer is 3 years old. He is an Olde English Bulldogge. Hammer came to us from Starline Ranch in Iowa when he was 8 weeks old.

Hammer likes to go outside and run around chasing a ball for awhile. He also likes to sleep a lot. He's a big teddy bear and we love him.

By Wendopolis from By Wendopolis from

Your dog is cute and you love him BUT buying animals from breeding operations like this is only slightly better than directly funding puppy mills.

Have you even looked carefully at the background of the pics on their website? There are pretty shabby falling down shacks in the background. From the tethers, cheap pens and little igloo dog houses; it also shows some of the dogs there probably NEVER go inside of their home.

A step above a puppy mill but NOT the kind of place you would comfortably surrender your dog so why financially support such a place?

There are many breed rescue groups with great dogs and you know you money will NOT be keeping other animals in conditions you would NOT leave your beloved pet.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

He is adorable! I have to olde's, Sadie is 7 and Bob is her son, he is 3. We live in Minnesota. Is that a recent pic of Hammer? He still has a cute little puppy face!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

To Shelter Worker:

My husband visited this breeder when he bought the dog and we have been there together. I think you should be careful with the comments you make about people unless you have been there yourself. I don't know where you are from but most farms in the the midwest have those "shabby falling down shacks" on their property. The old farm house I grew up in had several. The house my husband grew up in had a couple too. Shelters are wonderful and serve a great purpose, but I have also been to shelters I would never leave my dog in too. I would not have a problem leaving my dog with this "breeder" because I know him and how much he loves his dogs. And by the way when my husband picked up Hammer he was in the house.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

We have Sadie who also has a Starline background. She is the sweetest most energetic healthy bull dog. Our life wouldn't be complete without her. I live next door t a Midwest farm and see farms like that every day.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Hammer is precious - I could squeeze him to pieces! Give him a big hug and kiss from Missy's (dachshund/beaagle) mom. Thanks for sharing Hammer with us and God bless you.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

A handsome lil face. He looks so well....

presidential and he would get my vote because

he looks so smart.

He has pretty coloring.

Enjoy your doggie ...Hammer is a cool name.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Thanks for posting your BULLY! I had a brindle, Lady. If you go to the "Pets" page you'll see our Lady! She wasn't just a dog she was family! And she was an indoor dog! We now have a Dalmatian. We love her! But nothing compares to a BULLDOG! I still think about getting another one! Everyday! Hammer is a great name and he and our lady look like they could be siblings. That face. He would always be welcome in my arms! Adorable!

Jennifer CA

Reply Like this photo? Yes