Car Heater Not Blowing Warm Air

I need help with the heater in my 1989 Mazda b 2600. The heater is not blowing hot and cab is staying cold. If anybody can help with suggestions it would be great.

By Jeff from Virginia Beach, VA

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Check coolant level first, next choice is a stuck thermostat which would need to be replaced.

Maybe the heater core?

You need a new thermostat. My car was doing the same thing.

IF you see a sudden abrupt change in the engine temp, or if you check under the hood and BOTH the upper and lower radiator hose are not hot at operating temperature (if one is cold and one is hot) then your thermostat is not functioning.

However, sounds like the heater core...harder to get to and more expensive, unfortunately. I would make sure that I purchase the Haynes or Chilton's manual for your vehicle (around 12 dollars) and you can trouble shoot it yourself. Also, find your friendliest parts store like Napa and beg for help! Good Luck!

This happened to me also. I went all winter with out heat in my car! Thank heavens I live in Florida. The simple fix was water. My husband had to put water in the resivor under the hood. Hope this fixes your problem. Happy Holidays

Same with me, just needed antifreeze or water, and I had froze all that time!

Answer

Car Radiator
Troubleshooting Car Heater Problems
Consumer Advice Cars Repair AdviceDecember 8, 2009
A/C Heater Vent
Ford F150 Air Conditioner Blowing Hot Air
Air Ionizer and Purifier for Allergies
Improving Indoor Air Quality
Snow Covered Truck
Troubleshooting Truck Heater Problems
Maintaining Your Water Heater
Maintaining Your Water Heater
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 3:24:52 AM on 10.0.2.216 in 806 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.