Year Round Wreath Ideas

I was looking for any advice on making a year round wreath. Any suggestions would be great. I have a wood wreath and a hot glue gun, but not ideas. Thanks.

By Crystal from Zebulon, NC

Anonymous

Here's one of my favorites and it was posted right here at ThriftyFun last year :-)

http://www.thri  7143724.tip.html

Rather than using the hot glue why not make seasonal decorations to attach with velcro strips. Just attach one side to your wreath and the other to your seasonal decoration. You could purchase the decorations and paint or finish them if you aren't into making them yourself. You could tear old fabric to match the season into strips that would tie around your wreath, make them as shaggy as you want. For fall gather leaves,, tie a string around the stems to make a bundle and attach for a bow at the top or where ever you like it. If you keep the base neutral colors you can always just change the season. If you want more help feel free to contact me.

Hi I got a great ideal I have one that you are trying to make I got it at the annual Hamburg Sidewalk Sale a couple of years ago and I brought the last one. What it is they took a large wooden wreath and had a big sign across the middle that said Happy Everything and then they took wooden cutouts like a heart for Valentines day and so on and then took black wiring and wired them on. I love it and it stays up all year around. Even hubby likes it. Sorry no camera to take pictures. Hope this helps and good luck.

I have a wreath on my door that I have used for a couple of years now. I started with a grapevine wreath and hot-glued different greenery. None of the pieces I used are actual flowers. They are all herbal type leaves or vines that I purchased at Michael's (always use your coupons) or watch for sales. I switch out the bow depending on the season and it also has a small metal sign hanging from the middle that says welcome. Hope this helps.

I took a foam circle and attached greenery all around it with hot glue. Then I took different flowers or other decor and used push pins to attach them. For instance, in Spring I attach bright sunny flowers. In summer I add some summery things to it. In Autumn I pull out the flowers and summer things and replace them with fall colored leaves mixed in with the green leaves and also some small pine cones. In winter I take it all out except the greenery and put some silk poinsettias and ornamments with a big red bow.