Ideas for Using Roasted Chicken from Deli

In a pinch for time? Too warm to cook? Instead of grilling chicken after a long day's work, stop by the market deli for a roasted chicken. Whip up a package of mashed potatoes and a second veggie, and feed your family in less than twenty minutes.

I also enjoy adding the chicken to a garden salad with fresh herbs, Monterrey jack cheese, tomatoes, red/yellow pepper, dried cranberries, cucumbers, other favorite fixings, and dressing.

If you find them on sale and your budget allows, buy extras. Slice and peel the meat into a container or bag and freeze. Use the chicken for enchiladas, chicken, and noodles casserole, chicken Alfredo pizza, soup, sandwiches, or any other favorite creation. It's great for extra meals or packing lunches. This works great for our house! Enjoy.

By bzsister from Kalamazoo, MI

What I like to do is get the family pack of boneless chicken breast and when I'm going to be home cleaning on a Saturday or something, I cook by steaming all the breasts. Then I double wrap each and put in the freezer. It's great to pull out cooked chicken for chicken salad sandwiches or when a soup needs cooked chicken.

Only thing is that you can't keep cooked chicken in the freezer too long or else it gets dry. However, if you put it into a soup, it's not too noticeable.

Also, when you take a breast off the steamer, be sure to put it in a covered container. If you let it air dry it dries out.

Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken. Chickens Being Roasted Rotisserie Style
Recipes Using Rotisserie Chicken
Food and Recipes Food Tips Time SaversAugust 26, 2010
Rotisserie chicken in a plastic to go box
Using a Rotisserie Chicken for Several Meals
Chicken a la King in puff pastry shell
Chicken A' La King Recipes
Pesto Pizza Recipes
Pesto Pizza Recipes
Cute Little Girl in Chicken Costume
Making a Chicken Costume