Link: Team Viewer to Share Your Computer

Have computer problems that you can't correct, but you have a trusted computer-geek friend, and that friend doesn't live close by or can't come over. Well, there's a FREE download that will allow him/her to join you 'on' your computer. It's called 'Teamviewer', and it's only free to non-commercial users.

I've recently used it to converse with my 'computer geek' to view the components of a proposed new computer-tower build he's going to do for me. I gave him access to my computer and he went to the component sites and showed me each component (processor, motherboard, RAM, hard drives, case, etc.). After discussing each component, I added them to my Favorites in a folder titled "New Computer". It sure beat emailing links back and forth.

By cajun62234 from Collinsville

Great advise. I was fortunate to have such a friend who cleaned and fixed my computer. Thanks for sharing this info.

I failed to make it clear that your friend can be in California or England, and you can be in Florida. Accessing is all through the internet. Once registering with Teamviewer, you're given an ID Number and a Password for accessing. Once you & your friend have finished, you just terminate the session.

So they have access to everything on your computer, like email? How about pictures? I would like to have a person help me but don't know if I want him reading all my email. Nothing bad in there, but just like the privacy.

Laniegirl,

You have complete control on what the person is doing and you can take control at any time. Sort of like taking Automobile driving lessons when two persons have steering wheel, brakes and accelerator controls. They can't access anything on your computer without you seeing it, or that you don't approve of. You can terminate their activity with the click of the mouse. What are your issues with pictures and what software are you using?

Cajun, I have had problems signing into Yahoo messenger. It is downloaded but I cannot get into it. I just sent the message to Yahoo that I get when I troubleshoot. So I think the problem is with Yahoo. I have no problem getting into anything else.

Computers SoftwareNovember 8, 2010
wisteria on chainlink fence
Dressing up a Chain Link Fence
sports ball ornaments
College Football Themed Christmas Tree
A Sharpie marker with its lid off.
Removing Permanent Ink (Sharpie) from a Computer Screen
Cleaning a Laptop Keyboard, Photo of a laptop keyboard.
Laptop Computer Tips and Tricks
🎉
🎄