Browsing: Dusting Your House

Keeping Dust Off Furniture Longer

How to keep dust off furniture longer?

By judyschil from Ft. Worth, TX

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

I painted my walls and apparently didn't let them dry between coats. Now my walls are sticky and collect dust horribly.

I made a vinegar and water mix in a spray bottle and wipe the walls down with that, that lasts up to a month without dust whereas I was needing to dust daily before. Try that out on the furniture. It also will not hurt TV or computer screens.

You can't keep it off, but if you will bite the bullet an invest ev. three months in the Filtrete kind of AC filters the dust will be greatly reduced. Keep all windows/ doors shut, and write on your 1st day of the calendar every three months to change the filters in AC and Vacuum! If you live in a particularly dusty dry area, you will have more, if not, less. Vacuuming the furniture with the furniture attachment about monthly will also keep dust mites that burrow there, way down. Long ago women put washable covers on their furniture, then reduced them to just where the head/ arms/ hands rest, then stopped and now we have lots of dust again, right?

Vacuuming with the best disposable filters from the VACUUM repair shop (not groc/drug/discount houses)

will be money well spent, if you can do it. I can only afford it if I will sweep any visible debris up with broom/dustpan first, saving the filling

of bags too often.

If you choose not to vacuum the furniture or carpet before steaming them, you will have mud at the base of the fibers which will rot the threads of both as one walks or sits on the mud which becomes super grit sandpaper.

There's a lot to home management properly. Problem is, I hate to do it, must push hard to make myself do it right the first time to prevent less and repeated work later.

Learn from your elders! Also, vacuuming just the traffic paths almost daily will save both your carpet, the dust recycling into the air, and family illnesses! Then whole hose weekly because dust is almost invisible!

Don't believe it? Get on your hands and knees and smell your carpet after a week or two of not vacuuming. Then, wait for a sun-beam to flash over some part and hit it with your hand to see how much there really is. It collects fast, so it's an ongoing battle, and one reason housewives/ homemakers Deserve a silver medal and a salary, p e r i o d!

As well as a retirement savings fund other than social insecurity that the govt. Will steal now and blame on you later!

Imagine having to live against the carpet all of the time like we make our poor pets and children!

A house cleaner friend of mine once said, never begin cleaning a room without a garbage bag, a roll of paper towels, Windex and Lemon Pledge. Now that I can barely afford to live I had to improvise:

I use a garbage can, rags from irreparable, my own homemade Windex, and recycled Transmission Fluid, as well as a huge bowl of every flower petal, pod, interesting twisty thing from nature, and all of the left old undissolved over-dried room fresheners crushed until indistinguishable, placed in the center of the largest room of the house! If body sprays, old colognes, or garage sale potpourris come my way, I add them, changing only if I add something

unpleasant, or if any parts begin looking way too old.

I'm none the worse for all of this savings, and I have some change in my pocket once in a rare while too boot. lol God bless you. : )

Don't wipe off the dust, at my house it is considered a protective furniture covering! lol

Man Dusting End Table
Dusting Your House
Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureAugust 21, 2009
Someone dusting the corner of a room with a duster.
Keeping Your House Dusted
Gold picture frame.
Cleaning Picture Frames
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 22, 2016 at 2:47:51 PM on 10.0.0.143 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.