Buy a Locking Gas Cap

Crime is up. Gas theft is up. I just bought a lock-type gas cap. I almost had gas siphoned from my van, at MacDonalds.

I got them too - for my truck which has 2 tanks & suggested my son get them for his 3 cars (which he did)

then I recently lost my keys & THOUGHT I was up a creek until I figured out that all I had to do was turn the caps real hard & they opened - no keys needed.

Wasted money on locking caps that could be taken off with very little effort :(

Actually, you didn't push and lock the gas cap PROPERLY. That is why it opened with effort. When the cap is locked, it is supposed to be "expanded" beneath the rim so it won't slip through. Obviously, you didn't push it in far enough to lock it.

So far, one thief had gave up on stealing our gas because he was frustrated with the locking caps.

Thief Breaking into Car
Preventing Auto Theft
Consumer Advice Cars Saving On GasMarch 20, 2008
Gas Log Fireplace
Gas Log Tips
Mini Graduation Cap
Making Mini Graduation Cap Party Favors
baby sleeping
Cradle Cap Remedies
gas costs for road travel
Estimating Gas Costs for Road Trips
🎉
🎄