Bountiful Harvest

This year, we have so many fruits and veggies on our little farm that it has fed nine households.

By kfrancique

August 16, 2010 Flag

I am blessed with a husband who has a green thumb. He let some lettuce go to seed last fall, and this spring we have been inundated with a hundred heads or more of organically grown Bibb and oakleaf lettuce. We took a big bag of washed lettuce to church today and told everyone to take some home. We brought extra grocery bags so they could take what they wanted.

At first they were shy. But after much encouragement, and when the most well-to-do family helped themselves, the rest disappeared quickly. I think this is an example of the Lord providing so that even "poor folks" like us can be rich and have plenty to share. It made me feel rich and happy, and proud of my husband. We will share some more of the Lord's largesse next Sunday with our church family.

By Coreen from Rupert, ID

Answers:

Sharing the Bountiful Harvest

How wonderful. Poor in regards to possessions, perhaps. Rich in spirit and blessed by the Lord with abundance. (06/19/2006)

By Crunchy Mama

Sharing the Bountiful Harvest

Our church is helping the local food bank by providing labour to pick extra produce from gardens in the community. So if your area has a food bank, a soup kitchen or some other place that helps the homeless, fresh produce would be welcomed there too
(06/19/2006)

By Mary

Sharing the Bountiful Harvest

You truly are a wonderful person. Obviously the Lord has blessed you and you have shared that blessing. What a wonderful thing to do. Have you seen the movie "Pay it Forward"? If not, please do. (06/20/2006)

By Darlene

Sharing the Bountiful Harvest

I live in Yakima, Washington. This entire area has a few hundred fruit orchards and produce farms. One of the greatest blessings of living in this valley is to participate in the sharing all the wonderful and overly abundant "bounty." The various congregations are well known for their generosity. When my church has fruit or produce left after all the members are done "swapping", the rest is taken to the Union Gospel Mission. I'm happy see all the good responses you received. (07/09/2006)

By Doris

Vegetable Garden Harvest Photos
Vegetable Garden Harvest Photos
Home and Garden Gardening GrowingAugust 16, 2010
Freezing Black-eyed Peas
Freezing Field Peas (Black-Eyed Peas)
A rain barrel hooked up to a down spout.
Frugal Gardening Tips
vegetable for harvest soup
Harvest Soup Recipes
Cutting stew vegetables.
Harvest Stew Recipes
🎉
🎄