Transplanting a Large Fig Tree

I have two 12ft high/wide fig trees in the back yard. They're doing very well having even snapped back from a severe May frost a couple of years ago that killed all of the leaves. Anyhow, they're quite large and sitting in the middle of the yard, both blocking and enhancing our view from the deck. Is it difficult to transfer them to another location or should I drop the idea and instead consider a severe pruning (1/3)? We love the figs, especially my three sons. Thanks for your feedback.

By Douglas from Charlotte, NC

I would contact an arborist. They specialize in the care of trees and I think transplanting trees. It may be too expensive but an arborist could also do the trimming.

Figs are funny, devinely so. In my little-town California, my city has a 129-yr. old Fig with an entire 2-block city park built around it. It's huge for a tree and produced inedible fruits the size of large Grapes at a rate of 1-per-5 seconds during summer. It's a very historical Tree.

A Different Fig, I could sit-in, and pluck honey-like cored from a Nectar-Fig, The fruit a Human-Being could actually subsist from as isolitary dietice- meaning.. "You could Live off this."... just like the proper Bananas.

Figs in North Carolina should be observed and Studied for potential use in Reversal Of World Hunger. The fig-tree worked in Biblical times, why-not Now?

Home and Garden Gardening Fruit TreesJanuary 6, 2011
Two figs with one cut sitting on a leaf.
Freezing Figs
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
A bowl of fig jam and some fresh figs.
Fig Jam Recipes