Easy Lighted Christmas Baskets
This is a quick and easy gift that packs a big punch. This will light up anyone's Christmas and is a great gift because holiday decorations are always appreciated. Get the kids together and gather your own pinecones it will make for a great outing.
30 minutes or so
- 1 loose weave basket
I got mine at Walmart.
- 1 Walmart bag of pinecones
- 2 sprays of silk holly and berries
- 1 set of 20 lights the kind that plug in (not battery operated)
- First take the lights and push the plug from the inside of the basket to the outside.
- Now fill your basket with pinecones. You will find that you can interlock the pinecones so they stay in the basket.
- Now weave in your set of Christmas lights.
- Take the sprays of holly and berries and cut apart and arrange in the basket. You don't want a fire hazard so keep the silk holly away from the lights if possible.
- Add a big bow to the basket and you are done.
By Debra from Colorado Springs, CO
By guest (Guest Post) Flag
December 19, 20060 found this helpful
WE DID THIS ONLY WITHOUT THE HOLLY BERRIES AND LET ME TELL YA HOW CUTE IT IS WHEN IT'S PLUGGED IN
AND BOUGHT THE CINNAMON SCENTED PINECONES FROM WALMART
THIS IS INEXPENSIVE YET VERY CUTE FOR HOME OR EVEN AS A GIFT
January 7, 20070 found this helpful
what a neat idea! and i loved the suggestion of the cinnamon-scented cones too! i just picked up about 20 boxes of the 20-light sets after Christmas, for whatever, for $0.49/box! better keep my eye out for baskets over the next 10 months so i can get started next fall!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on November 30, 2016 at 11:10:12 PM on 10.0.2.48 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us