Save Money and Time by Cooking Extra

I use propane to cook with. Like all fuels the price continues to rise. I started looking for ways to cut costs for cooking. I found a great one! Use a pressure cooker! It is so easy to use.

It makes everything juicy, moist, tender, and it is so quick. I can put a roast in, and in 20 minutes it is completely ready to eat! You can use it for dried bean recipes, again cutting the time. So we don't go out to eat. If I forgot to get something ready for dinner, I can have it ready in a 1/2 hour!

When you do use the oven, make sure to double or triple your recipes then freeze them. You make it once. You do only one set of prep dishes. You can have meals ready again quickly (so you don't eat out). You are always ready for company or to take a meal to a sick friend. You always have cakes and cookies ready to give or share for unexpected gifts. You save water doing dishes, fuel cooking, and your time.

This works also when making waffles, pancakes, and pizzelle cookies. Make them and put wax paper between them. Take out as much as you need and heat them in the toaster or microwave.

When making cookies, triple them, and you'll have some ready for Christmas or whatever you need them for.

When you make noodles make more than for today. Let them dry and freeze them.

Make extra pie crust and put them in freezer. When you make a pie, make two and freeze one raw or you can bake it, cook, and freeze.

Hope some of these tips help you as they have me. It really does help save time and money!

By Tightwade from West Middlesex, PA

Thank you for the reminder. I used to do this about 12 years ago and stopped about 5 years ago. But with me starting school again I think I will be doing these things again. The one thing I didn't do was the waxed paper between the waffles and pancakes. Never even thought about it. But I do make lasagna x2 and enchilada casserole x2 and meat balls and meat loaf (same recipe). I would alternate between the lasagna and enchilada because I only have 2 9x13 inch pans. Oh I only have a BIG pressure cooker for canning I wonder if it would work? Any one know?

Once again thank you for the reminder.

Woman Preparing a  Meal
Saving Time When Preparing Meals
Food and Recipes Food Tips AdviceAugust 4, 2011
Cooking a Turkey in Your Oven, A turkey in the oven.
Cooking Ham and Turkey in the Same Oven
Freezing Quiche
Freezing Quiche
Coconuts
Cooking With Coconut Oil
Cooking bacon in microwave.
Cooking Bacon in the Microwave
🎄