Cleaning Textured Bathtub Floor

I have a textured bathtub floor that I can not get clean. My mom has the same type of bathtub, and between the two of us, we can't find anything that will clean deep down in the grooves of the textured surface.

My mom's tub isn't used that much, but mine is in our master bath. It looks absolutely grungy down in the grooves and nice and clean on the sides that I can clean easily. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

have you tried baking soda?

mr. clean magic eraser?

the magic eraser works great on semi rough surfaces, it works great on the fridge and stove

i used to work for an apartment complex, and the maintenance workers would use boric acid to clean the tubs. If you decide to use this product make sure you rince the tub before use. this product can be found at The Home Depot.

I have had this problem at several of my jobs (I clean private residences) the only thing I found that actually works is kaboom

(The purple container) win the tub is dry spray, let it sit for 2 or 3 minutes, don't let it dry and then take a plastic bristle broom and scrub, you will be amazed how clean that will get the tub.

Babs Ca.

Have you tried baking soda and vinegar? First apply one, vinegar probably best, since you want to thoroughly cover the tub flooring. Sprinkle baking soda and let bubble. Put in a little more if you like. Pour in very hot water, boiling even. Wait a minute or two. Drain tub, scrub, and rinse. You could just scrub with a baking soda and water paste.

The Works is great for bathrooms. Pour on or spray on, wait a few seconds and it wipes clean instantly with no elbow grease!

Use Mr. Clean erasers, I ahve the same type of tub, and that's all I use. I don't even have to use a cleaning solution!

We had the tub that was originally put into the house 50 years ago and I could NOT get it clean no matter what I tried. Finally I resorted to pouring a jug of bleach in and filling it with hot water and letting it soak for awhile. That helped but what finally did the most good was oven cleaner. I sprayed it on, let it sit and then washed it down. About a month ago, I called someone to remove the tub as we were getting new floor covering and a handicapped toilet. He came in with a sledge hammer and within an hour, it was in his pickup and gone!! A new tub cost $97 at Lowe's. And wow! Does it sparkle! PS - I tried baking soda, magic eraser, Awesome, The Works - nothing helped!

I have a textured floor in my tub also, and the first thing I thought of, is an eraser pad! The textured tub floors, tear these to shreds. It does NOT work. Sure it works great on any smooth surface that has grime, but not on a textured tub floor!

Thank you everyone! We are going try some of your methods.

Judy in Florida

Try easy off oven cleaner in the blue can. Seems to work best for me!

I tried this tonight and boom beautiful white tub. First spray oven cleaner, let set 15 min, wet tub, I used shower head for just a minute to moisten. Then use Mr clean sponge to scrub and boon clean. I'm so excited, used everthing under the sun and finally worked. I thought I would have to replace my tub to sell my house. Looks brand new.

I have a cleaning business and I have fits with this so this morning I used comet and a wire brush very lightly it works great!

what.is,comet

Comet is what I have used for many years. Great for cleaning the tub and sink. It's made in the USA and distributed by The Spic and Span company. Website: www.cometcleanser.com

doesn't work

Best way to clean a non skid shower stall floor?

The quickest way to clean a complete tub/shower complete with textured bottom is Easy Off Blue Fume Free Max! It contains no lye, so it won't harm the acrylic finish. For best results apply in evening and rise away come morning. If your tub/shower is grimy you May have to invest in up to 3-5 cans but it's well worth it. if the textured floor is extra grimy you may have to scour lightly with a bit of elbow grease and a small portion of gritty cleanser such as Comet or Ajax or just apply a second helping of Easy Off!

A bathtub.
Cleaning a Textured Bathtub Floor
Home and Garden Cleaning BathroomSeptember 10, 2007
Porcelain bathtub.
Removing Paint from a Porcelain Bathtub
Photo of decals stuck to the bottom of a bathtub.
Removing Bathtub Decals
Homemade Softscrub Cleaner Recipe, Photo of cleaning bucket and supplies.
Cleaning Yellow Bleach Stains in a Plastic Bathtub
Cleaning Tile Floors, Textured blue floor tile.
Cleaning Textured Flooring
🎉
🎄