Clothing StainsCleaning

Stain from Price Tag on a Shirt

I have a dark colored dress shirt with a white collar and white cuffs. However, the white cuffs each have a light gray faded stain left over from a sticky price ticket that used to be stuck on for a long time. I've already washed my shirt, but the stains are still apparent. My shirt is coton. How can I remove these stubborn stains?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Shan

If it's white and cotton try dishwasher detergent. Mix with water to form a paste not soupy. Cover the stain with the paste and let it dry. Paste should lift off easily after it dries. If it is not totally lifted repete the process. Works for me. Remember this is DISHWASHER detergent and not just dish soap. I use the powdered kind.

what's happened is some of the adhesive is still on the shirt and dust/whatever has stuck to the adhesive.

Get some Goo Gone, a product made to remove adhesive residue.

just put a bit on the stain only, rub it in gently and the residue should start to lift.

It is oily, so follow up with some liquid dish detergent, rinse, and then launder as usual.

Works great to remove chewing gum, too!

try a bleach pen

try spray and wash