AdviceDogs

Ideas For Marking Where To Clean Up After Dog

When my daughter takes the dog for a walk in our yard, she forgets where the messes are when she goes back out to clean up. I am thinking of markers made of something that won't blow away, yet is portable, easy to clean, bright, seen easily during cloudy days, sticks up above the grass. Suggestions?

Thanks,
Holly from Richardson, TX

I always just take a plastic grocery bag in my pocket (or just my hand if i don't have a pocket) and pick up as I go cause I can't find it later either. One trip does it!

Around the holidays places like dollar stores sell lawn ornaments. They are on long, thin stakes and have some kind of seasonal thing on top: Santa, a black cat, etc.... Sometimes these things are wind spinners. Maybe that would work?

i used plastic butter knives to mark where i had planted my bulbs. She can just poke one in where the dog goes and then go back out and find it immediately (altho it still doesnt make sense she doesnt use the inside out pick it right up plastic bag thingy everybody does).

Dog had the runs, had to wait for it to solidify a bit before it could be picked up.

Sigh...

What about a white plastic fork?

Have your daughter take a few plastic straws out with her. Place the straws next to the mess so they stick up well above the grass. That should work!

Get a metal pole, paint it yellow, and stick it in the ground. It works like a charm. Rose

There are real reasons why it is not always possible to pick up immediately. I was just out with my elderly frail dog, trying to pick up poo with a bag, while holding his leash and holding a flashlight. Doggie was about to step in it, so I had to move away quickly. I will look for it in daylight without the dog.

Sometimes when the bag gets too messy on a walk I can't pick up more and I don't happen to have 2 bags with me, I use rocks and sticks to mark.

If you look in a property management catalog like Gempler's, there are products like Outdoor-grade Vinyl Stake Flags or Pattern 18" Stake Flag in the category of "Flagging & Marking".

This should get your creative juices flowing for a low cost version.

How about using the pinwheel?

Pool Divwe sticks?

If you garden and already have them or even if you don't why not use tomato stakes? Cheap, stick up very high and reusable.

Pets Dogs AdviceNovember 19, 2007
Losing Weight After Having a Baby, Woman in Red Coat Walking Her Baby Stroller in the Park
Losing Weight After Having a Baby
A pug sitting on the floor in the kitchen.
Dog Marking Territory in the House
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
Marking Hard Boiled Eggs
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
🐰
🍀
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 15, 2017 at 5:35:12 PM on 10.0.2.122 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.