Using Butter Wrappers

If you bake yeast breads and dinner rolls, often the recipe will call for a final brush of butter across the surface after taking them from the oven. I save my stick butter wrappers for not only coating baking pans for casseroles, but also for running over the finished, hot yeast bread or rolls.

I lay the wrapper on top of the freshly baked product to melt the butter for just a second or two and then begin wiping it across the surface. If the baked product is really hot, I lay a hot pad on top of the wrapper and continue (using a very light touch). By the time I am done, the wrapper is devoid of butter, I haven't ruined a stick of butter or messed up a pastry brush, and the rolls or bread look so yummy!

By Ronsan from southwest MO

Another good use I've found for butter wrappers! If your pan or muffin tins needs lightly greased, there's enough butter left on the wrapper, no waste and no mess on your hands. It took me years to figure this one out :)

Butter in Foil Wrapper
Reusing Butter Wrappers
Food and Recipes Food Tips BakingApril 11, 2006
cooking oil
Stretching Butter With Oil
Jar of peanut butter surrounded by peanuts.
Homemade Peanut Butter Recipes
corn with real butter
Benefits of Using Real Butter
A stick of hard butter.
Softening Cold Butter
🎉
🎄