Save on New Movies With Pay Per View

You can save money on new(er) movies by seeing them on pay-per-view on your cable. I saw a new one on the IFC pay-for-view that I just saw reviewed in the paper, as you can get it on cable at the same time as its independent release - and at $5.99 for hubby and me, that's a real saving!

By Pamphyila from L.A., CA

We watch a lot of movies, so we swear by Netflix, because there's no late fees & we can rent all we want of $20 per month, but recently I've seen several $1 movie machines at my local drug store & grocery store. I asked several people that were standing in line waiting to use it & they said it's the BEST! I asked about late fees & they said it's also $1 per day, but that if you don't return the movie for 18 days you keep it! This is a much better deal than renting form Blockbuster or a grocery store!

Have been doing this for as long as I can remember and the bonus is that you can record while watching to DVD or VHS to keep for your personal movie library ;-)

DirecTV's PPV option is the best, I think. They just added 1080p capabilities for all their new "DirecTV Cinema" offerings, and as the owner of a brand new 1080p TV, I'm thankful for this.

I am curious to see what the new 'branding' of their PPV system as "DirecTV Cinema" means to consumers, but I'm hopeful because DTV has always done me good in the past. For instance, in the latest ad for DTV Cinema, they not only offered up a bunch of good movies for a better price than my friend's cable in-demand, but the ad also featured one of my favorite songs, "Electromagnetic Superstar" by Jet Stream. It's little touches like this and attention to detail that make DTV a better option. There's a video clip of this ad at :

A Couple Enjoying Popcorn and a Movie in the Theater
Saving Money on Going to the Movies
Entertainment MoviesMay 15, 2009
Saving Money on Carpet, Installing Carpet
Saving Money on Carpet
Finding a Job That Will Pay for School
Finding a Job That Will Pay for School
Netflix Reviews
Netflix Reviews
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making an Optimus Prime Costume (The Transformers)