Removing Pet Odor from Furniture

Does anyone know how to get dog odors out of an upholstered sofa?

By Daisy from Franklinton, NC

When my dog did that we used that stuff called Oxiclean and it worked. Or you might want to call the company that you bought the couch from and ask them what they think that you should do. :)

Try vinegar water. My vet tech/trainer says it's the same principle as the expensive stuff. It neutralizes the ammonia and prevents further territory marking.

Renuzit makes a neutralizer that works wonders.

I use Odor Cide to remove any pet accidents. I have two little dogs. It works great and the pet will not return to the same spot. You can only get it on the web at It is very affortable. It smells great too.

If you have a Walmart in your aresa there is something called OUST it works very well. Trust me I know because I have two dogs and two cats. It works wonders. Try it.

November 6, 2009 Flag

What is the best way to deodorize furniture? We have 3 animals that lie on our fabric couch. It is covered by clean towels, but the animal smell persists. What do you suggest ? Thanks.

By maere6836 from NJ

Removing Pet Odor from Furniture

I just found this amazing product called "Kids and Pets". I used it on laundry (in the wash) and furniture (as a spray) after an apartment fire and it took out the smoke smell. I also used it on an antique quilt I found in the closet after the fire that my cat had peed on. It took out the stain, the smell, and the enzymes. My cat didn't pee on it again.

I bought a big bottle at Walmart for under $5.00. Good luck. (07/06/2009)

By thriftyboo

Removing Pet Odor from Furniture

I use the Febreze Pet Odor and it works really well. (07/08/2009)

By Mythi

Removing Pet Odor from Furniture

Don't know what kind of pets you are speaking about but the best thing you can do is give them a bath on a regular basis. Hey, even we humans would smell up a towel covered sofa if we weren't clean. Other than that use Febreze or a spray bottle filled with water and a few drops of your favorite essential oil. (07/08/2009)

By Deeli

Home and Garden Cleaning FurnitureNovember 6, 2009
Cigarette Left Burning in Ashtray
Removing Cigarette Smoke Odor from Leather
Man in Green Shirt Smelling His Underarm
Preventing Underarm Odor
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Hand holding a smoking cigarette.
Cleaning Nicotine from Wood Furniture