Check the Ingredients in Your Lip Balm

I have always been a frequent user of lip balm. In fact I used it day in and day out. I was concerned that it was becoming a bad habit not to mention the amount of money I was spending on all different types of lip balms. I had a used lip balm in every purse and drawer in the house.

I did some online research and thought I would share it with you. Many of the lip balms I have been using contain fragrances and preservatives that can actually cause dryness. I found that a very interesting tidbit! Also the flavored tasted fairly good thus causing me to lick it off and then apply more often then needed.

I am now reading the labels on the lip balm packages and buying the least expensive without all the flavors and fancy packaging. This is not only saving me money but I have honestly found my lips are not as dry and I am using the lip balm much less.

Source: I love the internet and the easy access to information on unlimited subjects. This tip is my own.

By Bobbie G from Rockwall

I had actually read something about people who are lip balm addicts. I think there are some lip balms and lip glosses that have ingredients that actually dry your lips out so you will be forced to use more and therefore buy more of it. Does anyone know what kind is best to use. I don't use it much myself 'cept maybe in the Winter.

I have very dry lips (well, all skin actually) because I take a large amount of diruetics for a medical condition. I've found that almost any lotion works well without the heavy greasy feel of lip balm. If my lips are really dry, I put Vick's Vaporub on them and it's an almost instant cure.

Thanks Bobbie - without lip balm I would die! I've been wondering what's in it because we all know that it gets eaten and should probably be registered as a food, right? Good research, thanks!

The brands I favor are Solgar, Terressentials, Bubble & Bee Organic, and Cosmic Tree Essentials. I decided on them by looking at lip balms in the Environmental Working Group list rated 0 or 1 (best of 0-10), then omitting those with iffy essential oils or other problems.

The best thing to use for dryness is vasoline. The stuff is great on lips and hands and is super cheap, lasts forever

I have been using Burt's Bees tinted lip balm for a month or two. I decided that since most lipsticks contain lead, I'd switch to something natural. The Burt's Bees makes my lips look good as well as feel good and it's not too expensive either.

I've always had really chapped lips that actually start to peel. I discovered shea butter, which is great for dry skin. It does wonders on your lips and it's natural. I higly recommend lip balms with shea butter, but you might note that they cost a little more, so you can just buy 100% shea butter and you get more for your money and you can use it all over your body, your dry cuticles, lips.hair..etc. It's very thick and a little goes a long way. The one I bought is called DeLuxe 100% Shea Butter and it cost $10 at drugstore.com.

Health & Beauty Beauty Body Teeth and MouthMarch 27, 2008
A girl putting on lip balm.
Cleaning Lip Balm Stains From Clothing
Making Lip Balm
Making Lip Balm
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Removing Lip Balm from Car Upholstery
Plain White Lip Balm on Blue Background
Homemade Lip Balm Recipes
🎉
🎄