Fishing Gift Basket

I want to make my husband a Father's day gift basket with fishing stuff in it since he loves to go fishing. I have no clue on what the best fishing products are. He only does freshwater fishing. I would also like other gift basket ideas for my father and grandfather. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Kristina from USA

I'm not a fisherman either about sunscreen, hand wipes, first aid kit, thermos and coffee giftcard, gas card for the boat, sporting goods giftcard (he can buy his own stuff) and you'll accompany him on the shopping spree, of course! COupon for you to go fishing with him LOL

My husband fishes a lot also. i think you could get a variety of those plastic worm bait thingies or different types of lures. They say right on them which kind of fish they are good for so think of what he likes to fish for the most. Another idea would maybe be a gift certificate for a store where he could purchase live bait. Also perhaps some small packs of nuts or snacks he could take with him.

I'd suggest the gift certificate because fishermen are VERY particular about their tools, just as cooks have their fav cooking knives, spoons, etc..., and women have fav makeup brushes.

You can wrap it up in a home made papier mache fish, and that would show you cared enough to take the time to do and give something from the heart.

I REALLY like Cookwie's idea! I vote for that! Ahh Shucks! Guess we didn't get invited to vote! :>)

Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Holidays and Parties Gifts Father's DayJune 1, 2006
Gift basket with green ribbon.
Making a Mother's Day Gift Basket
A gift basket for guests at a wedding.
Gift Basket Ideas for Wedding Guests
Gift Basket Ideas
Gift Basket Ideas
Nursing Home Gift Basket
Nursing Home Gift Basket Ideas