Store Extra Bags in Bottom of the Trash Bin

Find storing your rubbish bags messy? I store mine at the bottom of the waste bin. That way, they are right where you need them when you pull the used bag out!

By Sabre63 from Melbourne, Australia

This is one of the simplest and one of the best tips I've read, so far.

Thank you

September 8, 2010 Flag

Here is a time saver tip; keep your extra trash bags at the bottom of the barrel, so when it is full, just remove the bag and reach down for a new one!

By ARCTICALICE from Boston, MA

Answers:

I used to do this in the kitchen but one time the bag got a hole in it and yucky stuff got through. I had to wash a large roll of garbage bags and they were still sticky when I unwound them. So I don't do this anymore. Sometimes I will lay one or two across the top rim so they hang off the back and put the bag over them that way. I do keep the extra bags in the bathrooms this way though. (10/16/2009)

By Toolgirl

Every time I see this tip posted, I can't help but think how all you guys must have MUCH cleaner garbage and/or trash cans than I do! (10/17/2009)

By Cyinda

October 15, 2009 Flag

Fold about two trash bags and lay in bottom of your trash can. When it is time empty the bag, you have one there to replace right away.

By dirtgirl_2007 from Edenton, NC

Answers:

I don't stop at two, I put the whole roll of bags in the bottom of the trash can. Each one of my trash cans has a roll in it of the size that fits that can. Even the one in the car! (07/23/2009)

By Cricketnc

I've done this for years! I learned it from the hotel maids. (07/24/2009)

By Debbie52

I also use a couple of extra trash bags to line the already lined barrel. So it means that I have three bags on top of each other already in the wastebasket.
Pull one out and have another already there. (08/18/2009)

By lrrn567

July 23, 2009 Flag

When emptying out your trash bins, put several trash bags in the bottom of the bin. The next time you empty the trash, there is a bag there ready to use.

Source: I learned this from working maintenance in a factory.

By Robin from Gothenburg, Sweden

Answers:

This is such a good idea. I take it a bit further, though, and actually put several bags opened in the container at one time. That way you just lift out the top one and there is another right there and ready to be used. --- I do this with bigger bags for the kitchen and smaller ones for the bath and bedrooms. Saves time and space! (08/06/2008)

By Lee

bag of garbage
Garbage Tips and Tricks
Organizing Garbage and RecyclingSeptember 8, 2010
Raccoon in park trash bin with plastic bag in its mouth.
Keeping Raccoons Out of the Trash
wood trash bin
Homemade Trash Bin Crafts
Duct Tape Trash Bin
Making a Duct Tape Trash Bin
Oranges in Mesh Bag
Uses for Mesh Orange Bags
🎉
🎄