BathroomHome Improvement

Make Your Own Shower Curtain

Shower drapes can be costly. Purchase a plastic table cloth, make sure the size is appropriate to fit. Get a one hole punch and punch holes across the width of table cloth. Place circle tape on the back of cloth near the holes, this will secure the holes from unnecessary tears.

Cost of table cloth: $3.99

If you decide to buy two drapes, you could use the rest to accent a picture frame. Or cut to suit the back of the toilet seat or cover a toilet paper container. Cut from circle heating vents from hardware store.

So, in season, you can change the drape for less than $5.00. Enjoy!

By Janet from Toronto, Ontario

I have found shower curtains at the dollar stores. They are rather thin--are shower curtain liners actually-- but they serve the purpose. I like to get the clear ones and just use those. My upstairs bathroom has no window, just a ceiling vent fan, so it's rather dark there. Using the clear curtain allows a lot of light to enter. If I used a dark solid color curtain, it would be very dark while showering.

Anonymous

Good ideas, Janet ... I also find the plastic liners at the dollar store or on sale at drug stores and sometimes Penney's but it's nice to have this standby in mind in a pinch :-) I also prefer clear plastic like OliveOyl but not because of lack of light but because I am claustrophobic :-(

Thank you. I have had difficulty finding plastic shower curtains recently in the UK. I will buy some big tablecloths instead.