2nd Birthday Party With Disney Car Theme

I'm having my son's 2nd birthday party. It's a Disney Car theme and for the food I wanted to do cut out car shaped sandwiches. Does anyone know where I could get car cookie cutters? Can you suggest any games I could play? (It's snowing out here.) Any ideas will help. Thanx :)

By Alexiss from Denver, CO

To be honest, if he is two years old, you are doing all of this "theme" stuff for you more than him. He won't remember the sandwiches were in the shape of cars three hours after they have eaten. The games he may remember. Here is one that will last a couple days.

Get fairly good size boxes. Decorate them as cars that the kids can wear. You cut a hole in the bottom of each box for the kids to put there body through. Use straps for them to wear the box on their shoulders. Use paper plates and those brass hooks that have a button end and two wings that spread out (help me out here, haven't done crafts in years). Poke the things through the paper plates and then put the pointy end through a hole in the box. Reach inside the box and spread the wings to hold these things one. using saucer size paper plates might work best as headlights.

Let them use markers or crayons to color the cars, add doors, red break lights, etc. When done you can play "Red Light" with the kids or just have them drive around the room like they are in the city or a parking lot. You could also do the "Red Light" type game with music, move around till the music stops and then they all stop.

Anyway, each kid can take his "car" home and play with it later that day or week.

I found a good Disney Cars page. I used this site when I planned my sons Disney Cars/Thomas the Train party. And whether he remembered it 3 hours later or not did not matter because in the moment he loved it! And the joy he expressed when he saw all those decorations was worth it and in that moment it was for him!

2 Year Old Birthday Party
2 Year Old Birthday Party Ideas
Holidays and Parties Parties BirthdayJanuary 4, 2011
Safari Theme Birthday
Safari Theme Birthday Party Ideas
An aerial photo of Disneyland.
Saving Money on a Disney Vacation
Disneyworld Highway Sign
Saving Money at Disney World
A plate of sushi at a Japanese themed birthday party.
Japanese Themed Birthday Party Ideas
🎉
🎄