Honeymoon Destination Ideas

I am planning a honeymoon for my daughter with her fiancee. Any great ideas where you have traveled and loved?

By Lissa from Jacksonville, FL

Shouldn't the couple themselves be planning the honeymoon? Surely there is someplace that they would like to go. This kind of reminds me of a family in my hometown, as their kids got married, the parents paid for the honeymoon and went with---basically it was a honeymoon for four.

What do they love to do? Hiking? Beach combing? swimming? New York city, or remote hills in Vermont?

We loved Hawaii-Oahu.

Grand Canyon is pretty, too.

My mother-in-law got my husband and I a condo on the beach at St Augustine. It was truly nice. It was at Creston House. Being in Jax., that is close enough to come back and visit often with fond memories. Now, almost 35 years later, my husband is talking of us going back there for our 35th wedding anniversary! If they don't like the beach, there is always the mountains. It's beautiful just north of Atlanta or in the North Carolina area. Going through the Smokey Mountain National Park is just beautiful! I hope this helps!

I don't know about the couple in question, but my youngest son and his new wife went to Disneyworld (and maybe Epcot) in Orlando, FL. According to the family grapevine, they had a great time.

I don't think u can get any more romantic than St. Augustine, Savanna, and Charelston. We went to Marco Island & loved it. A lot of people in Tennessee go to Gatlinburg, it known as a great honeymoon place with lots of rental cabins 4 honeymooners.

Also the Opryland hotel in Nashville is reopened & an awesome place. There are lots of Christmas activities.

If they're not going to Hawaii or Bahamas, etc., Eureka Springs, Arkansas, is a wonderful place. It is filled with bed and breakfasts, one with a shower under the stars, the haunted Crescent Hotel, etc. My husband and I spent our honeymoon there and we go back often. The strip has wonderful stores and boutiques to visit with old-fashioned trolleys that go all over the town, even out to the Big Jesus at the edge of town. Wonderful eating establishments and lots to see and do. There are horse and buggy rides for evening and night-time. It is also home to Thorncrown Chapel, a church built entirely of glass out in the woods. Beautiful!

If they're old enough to get married, they're old enough to plan (and pay for) their own honeymoon. They are starting their own life together; it's time for mom to step aside.

Weddings HoneymoonSeptember 27, 2010
Bavarian town in mountains
Leavenworth, WA Frugal Travel Guide
The Cloud Gate Bean in Chicago.
Chicago Travel Tips
A couple sitting on the beach enjoying their honeymoon.
Saving Money on Your Honeymoon
Saving Money at Disneyland, Entrance to Disneyland Park
Saving Money at Disneyland
🎉
🎄