Softening Suede? - Categories:

AdviceCleaning

Softening Suede?

I have a suede shirt I got at a thrift store. It's a beautiful blue color but stiff as a board. Any ideas about how to soften the suede? Flora from Boston

Answers

I used to have suede boots that I only used at horse shows to keep them nice. Most of the time it would be raining. When I got home, I was instructed to fill them tightly with newspaper and let them dry slowly away from the heat. Then I took a soft brush and brushed vigorously to raise the nap again and improve the pliability of them. I know this is a different article of clothing, but I suggest brushing it and working the material to get pliability and treat it like the hide it is. Just use a soft brush so that you don't damage it. Good luck!