Softening Suede? - Categories:

AdviceCleaning

Softening Suede?

I have a suede shirt I got at a thrift store. It's a beautiful blue color but stiff as a board. Any ideas about how to soften the suede? Flora from Boston

Answers

I used to have suede boots that I only used at horse shows to keep them nice. Most of the time it would be raining. When I got home, I was instructed to fill them tightly with newspaper and let them dry slowly away from the heat. Then I took a soft brush and brushed vigorously to raise the nap again and improve the pliability of them. I know this is a different article of clothing, but I suggest brushing it and working the material to get pliability and treat it like the hide it is. Just use a soft brush so that you don't damage it. Good luck!

Home and Garden Cleaning AdviceNovember 22, 2004
Suede Couch
Cleaning Cat Urine From Suede
Blue Suede Couch in Carpeted  Living Room
Cleaning Suede
blue suede shoes
Dyeing Suede Shoes
black cat on microsuede chair
Removing Stains on Micro Suede Furniture
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on July 23, 2016 at 11:24:46 PM on 10.0.0.173 in 740 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.